Continental Bike Tube

A thinner butyl rubber wall thickness makes the Continental Mountain Bike Light Tube lighter than other comparable mountain bike tubes. Weighing in at just 130 grams, you won't feel bad putting down two extra beers the night before your raceyou'll be just as fast.

[Dec 24, 1999]
Aaron
Cross-Country Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Durability
Price

Weight perhaps

Great, reliable tube. Not the lightest at about 200 grams (I'm guessing, don't have a scale here), but after flating about once a week with others, these have consistently held out. Price is good and they are going strong after a month and about 500 miles of use.
If you trail ride and want something reliable, I highly recommend these. They've been faithful and while they are not a 90 gram wonder, they've held their pressure under constant abuse (and I've run over a lot of glass).

Trek
Specialized
Taiwanese various
Self-sealing

[Jan 08, 2004]
Berf

OVERALL
Strength:

Cost I suppose. This however is almost a moot issue. See below.

Weight, durability. The durability is the main thing I,m hung up on.

The tubes didn't work at all for me. I was very disappointed in the performance. I rode the tube one time, once and guess what, a flat. I didn't hit anything unusual. I had plenty of air in the tube (no pinch flat), so go figure. I had intended to ride over an extra day off over the X-mas holiday, instead I spent it cursing this tube. Come on one lousy ride, I could get more than that from a "no name" tube. I can't reccommend this product to anybody. At least anybody that wants to ride, and not fix flats.

All.

[Apr 07, 2003]
Jippy

OVERALL
Strength:

German version: Slick, powder coated, good thickness to weight ratio,pinch flat proof, inexpensive.
Taiwanese version: not better than any other cheap tube.

German version: None for XC use except that it is maybe no longer made...hard to find at least.
Taiwanese version: same as any cheap tube... too expensive for low quality.

Super nice reliable tube but don't be fooled by the Taiwanese cheap version. Look for the all in german labeled box. This is not the same tube at all. The German one is perfectly slick and covered with powder to let it slip inside the tire to prevent pinch flat. I'm not sure if the Taiwanese version has replaced the german version completely or if the two version exist simultaneously but if you can find the german one, don't hesitate to buy it, you won't be disapointed! Quite nice yellow valve cap by the way!

Note that my rating is for the German version...and it really deserve a perfect score.

[Aug 04, 2002]
Dean

OVERALL
Strength:

None that I can see.

Poor build quality.

Tube lasted about 15 miles of smooth trail use, then split along a mold seam. And just because Conti is a German brand, don't expect this tube to come from Europe - mine was clearly labelled made in Taiwan.

Assorted inexpensive tubes.

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.