WTB WeirWolf TCS Tire

Originally conceived in 2002,The re-designed WeirWolfTire from WTB is a product of 5 years development betweenTop endurance downhiller Mark Weir and WTB chief designer Mark Slate.The product is aTire with unparalleled grip and predictability at any lean angle.TheTerraced side knobs feature an advanced progressive design.TheTread is soft on initialTurn-in and conformsToTheTerrain.The fasterTheTurn-inThe firmerThe knobs become.TheTCS (tubeless compatible design) combines a dedicatedTubeless bead w

[Jul 30, 2013]
gschwell

OVERALL
Strength:

Nice fast but meaty enough tread pattern.

Thin sidewalls, once you get it on a rim it's nearly impossible to get off. NOT a 2.5

I had high hopes for these to be fat, fast rolling but biting tires. They do roll and bite well, but they aren't that fat. The sidewalls are too thin if you ride around rocks at all- I've had flat after flat running more than my usual pressure. These tires replaced some Exiwolf tires and I prefer the Exiwolf, they had a better profile, stronger, and I could actually get them off my rims (WTB Laserdisc).

[Mar 10, 2012]
mw0001
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

great tread design. nice rubber. good overall quality. TCS

this tire is NOT a 2.5 tire. It is at BEST a 2.3 tire. major mounting difficulties, depending on rim

This tire is noticeably smaller than my Exiwolf 2.3 I'm replacing, but rated as 2.5. This tire is going back for a true 2.5. Mounting on a Bontrager Duster 29" is virtually impossible. Expected more from what should be a premium tire.