WTB Trail Boss Tire

[Oct 24, 2019]
Atombike

OVERALL
Strength:

I have Trail Boss TC Fast Rolling 2,35" version. I using it on my enduro bike but I climb a lot on XC trails. The frist experience was great, I thought it worth every penny. Climbing good on rock. Durable, shock resistant. Protects the rims well during downhill sections.

After a year I bought some continental tire for my XC bike and during a service period I swaped the wheels. Since then I don't like this tire: - Heavy. - Not rolling very well. - Gripping is awfull only works on wet road. - Cornering is not so great. - Braking is the same like others despite the pattern is more dense. - My XC tire much better on my enduro bike. - More expensive than better tires. - And the worst why I never will buy WTB tire again: the sealant dried out and I had to replace, but cleaning the inside was impossible and the dried sealant added a lot of wheight :((. Maybe the new portion of selanat will not work well bc of this. Maybe good on the front wheel, I used only at rear.

Price Paid:
2015
[Sep 09, 2017]
Brent

OVERALL
Strength:

holds on in turns in the wet
wet tree roots are no problem
rolls pretty well on sealed road

'tough' tyre wall version is hard work getting on to the rims, but worth it

I've put these tyres front & rear, 27.5 x 2.25, tough version, on my hardtail.
They behaved great for their first play in the mud at my local park. I couldn't feel them slipping when trying some tight turns. No worries going thru puddles & mud. Good traction to keep moving. Only one place I had to dismount because it was so boggy & soft, but that's not the tyres fault.
I'm stoked with these

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.