WTB Moto Raptor Race 26 x 2.14 Tire

The Moto Raptor is the proven go-anywhere, do-anything All Mountain tire.

[Oct 25, 2012]
Lanvillas

OVERALL
Strength:

Braking, rolls smoothly for a nobby tire, cornering

I had these on my bike for over 8 years and they are amazing. They are pretty light for a more aggressive tire, and they roll surprisingly fast for how well they grip and brake. I took these through snow, ice, loose pack, tree roots, over rocks...the grip was pretty good and the only flats I ever had with these tires was if I took a construction staple or nail straight into the tire. It even held up over the broken beer bottles on Monday morning commutes. (Hmmm...I can't say I recommend deliberately rolling over them though...)

Of course, these will not compete with a slick over long distances. At about 8 miles you will start to feel the difference compared to a slick, but they are not made to crank out long distances on pavement at 20mph. If you need that you must look elsewhere.

[Apr 20, 2012]
pokz

OVERALL
Strength:

fast,grips well and brakes well - trail ( rear tire reverse for more grip but might affect braking ). folding kevlar bead.

slow on flat, heavy on weight for a race tire

it performs well on its purpose, but for those who goes on road/flat it drags a lot ( need to inflate in high pressure to reduce rolling resistance )....will and still use it as front tire.

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.