WTB Crosswolf Tire

The Crosswolf couples a fast center tread with a knobby outer footprint, to create a cyclocross racing tire that is geared for the knarliest conditions.

[Dec 08, 2008]
Anonymous

OVERALL
Strength:

Rolling Resistance: 3, Traction: 4, Mud Shedding: 3, Hardness: 4
This tire proves to have strategically placed knobs across the unidirectional cross-corrugated casing, providing a stable climbing and descending platform for rigid bikes. Even with the high-profile knobs, there isn’t a tremendous amount of squirm in the lower tire pressure range - which helps with sharp cornering. In loose terrain, the tire was entirely capable of cutting through to shallow hard-pack without sliding. The dual compound manages limited wear despite being ridable in a multitude of conditions, and would be the preferred tire for pine needles and/hard pack sandy conditions with occasional roots or rocks. It’s inspired me to tackle new challenges.

Its a great training tire, but might be a bit heavy for weight-weenie racers. If I had one complaint, it would be the fact that this tire doesn’t make as cool of a “zip” sounds as with the Interwolf.

It's a great kind of all-mountain tire suitable for a fully-rigid or cyclocross bike.

More: http://velomuse.wordpress.com/2008/10/07/cyclocross-tire-review/

[Aug 15, 2007]
Nancy Henderson

OVERALL
Strength:

grips well, rolls well, wide profile. Really nice too not lose traction in sand. I only ran this on my rear wheel and only in muddy and sandy cross courses when my Specialized Pro's or Tufo's slipped. These tires are a 32 and I run 30's on all other tires. These are notable chunkier. Corner nice on pavment...the side knobs on some of my other tires make for a slip-n-skip effect that stops me from tight turns. Took a beating and ran well at any PSI I tried.

Kinda chunky and lots of grip to slow down roll for dry days/

I like it as my agressive rear tire. I paid too much for it.

Specialized race, richy pro, vitorria tigre cross, tufo's, kenda quicks

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.