Vee Rubber Traction Power Tire

The Vee Rubber Traction Power Folding Tire is a general use mountain bike tire. Tapered and ramped knobs on the top and in some transitions areas help with traction and cornering. Long edge transition helper knobs give extra corner control. Built with a folding bead, dual compound, and 120 TPI casing material, the Vee Rubber Traction Power Folding Tire is considered a medium condition use tire.

[Oct 18, 2019]
thepartsguy

OVERALL
Strength:

Have only ridden it for a week. Bought it as a clearance item from an on web bike shop. Good in the dry Ohio dirt and clay with leaves on wooded trails. It held my line on a steep down hill where I found half the trail washed out and I had to hit the berm to one side to make it around a two foot wide foot deep drop to a riverbank. Was likely at about 20 mph and it cornered real well. Running a Kenda BBG Brian Lopes on rear. Both tires are 120tpi dual compound. The Vee weights 550g , Kenda at 570g. An awesome combo on my old rebuilt StumpJumper M2 FS. Both can be inflated 20-65psi and because I ride both paved and woods trails are ran at low 40's on an XC setup with 1.95 tires.

It has a very round profile so I'm wondering how it will be on softer surfaces. Seems noisy compared to the Kenda which has a more knobby pattern. Not sure if my imagination but I could hear it a little more on pavement.

Price Paid:
$25
Purchased:
New

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.