Trek Big Kahuna Tires Tire

[Nov 30, 2014]
Mike
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

do not slip on steep slippery climbs.

hard to find

I would like to find some. I can't understand why they are no longer made.

Bianchi mountain bike. no climbing traction.

[Jun 12, 2012]
Jeremy

OVERALL
Strength:

The only strenght they have shown is in the mud. Oh and they were cheap.

Wear quickly, and dont inspire confidence in the corners.

They are okay for the price but I'd rather shell out a more money and have a set of tires that excell in all around trail riding

[Jun 21, 2008]
bikingceasarscreek

OVERALL
Strength:

Undeniably the best off road tire there is. Grips like a mad man and has a beefy look.

Wears out quicker if you ride on paved trails or roads...keep it in the dirt or get a separate bike for the paved trails.

I am going to buy a load of these tires so when they are no longer out there, I'll still be gripping trails like a mad man!

Rear tire so worn had to pick up a "regular" tire from a local super store and it is no comparison. Definitely ordering more Big Kahuna's from Trek!

[Jan 19, 2002]
Zach

OVERALL
Strength:

Excellent self cleaning characteristics in mud, good flotation in sand, great traction, and little road noise. You can go through over 12 inches of mud, run the dunes, go rockcrawling, and road race all in one day.

What weaknesses!?

These are the best tires for off-road use you can buy. Everyone who rides in severe off-road conditions should buy them.

[Jul 09, 1997]
Bill
racer

OVERALL

Good, well very good except the back tire's knobs started to wear! Great for loose dirt/sand! The front tire is one of the very best out!

[Nov 06, 1997]
Tim Large
weekend warrior

OVERALL

I have to agree with everyone else. After riding with these for two years, the front tire has held up great, but the back tire wears down easily. I recently replaced the back tire in August with the same brand. After three months of riding it has already begin to wear. I guess you get what you pay for! Overall, they're not a bad tire for the price. They seem to perform best in rough and/or wet conditions.

[Nov 08, 1999]
CadBoy

OVERALL
Strength:

this tire makes alot of noise on pavement which is cool on pathways to get people out of the way, it's a loud whirring sound.

Rolling resistance requires a 30+mph back wind.

Found this tire at a shop for $15 a pair, I bought it for the bad ass tread pattern and name. I'm sure they work great on some conditions, I just haven't found it. I give it 4 flamin dead jack asses on price and the noise they make.

wrapping rags around the rim

[Oct 14, 1999]
pifpo

OVERALL
Strength:

Front tire-grips better than the stock tires on my G. Fisher(s)

like the person before me said-they're not made anymore

I don't believe that any problems I've had on the trail can be attributed to this tire.

Velociraptor, and whatever the white stock front tire on my '97 Big Sur was.

[Aug 19, 1999]
Kevin

OVERALL
Strength:

CHEAP! CHEAP! Kevlar bead. Decent weight.

Wasn't free

So, when I finally wore thru my trusty ole Z-max, I needed a replacement.... At the time I was working in a shop and was able to get it for $10!! And it was Kevlar beaded to boot. Now I am used to wet mud, and root riding, so no wimpy @ss slick will ever do on the front. I have been riding this baby since 1994, and racing it since 1996. It grips great... little slow rolling, but fitness can always overcome that. I give it 5 big ones because of the price, and tenacity.

Z-max, Mythos, Dart

[Aug 18, 1999]
Bird
Cross-Country Rider

OVERALL

These were on my sis's trek 830, but they were too knobby for pavement driving.,,I decided they might be good for general dirt riding on my Diamond back. These things wore like a pencil eraser in 2 weeks. They're a rough ride, and with all these knobs you'd think they'd provide traction, I guess they're just supposed to look good. Avoid these hoops

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.