Tioga Factory DH 2.10 Tire

Factory DH 2.10

[Jun 14, 2014]
SteveySteve

OVERALL
Strength:

Good grip on most surfaces & Long lasting

Not great on Tarmac but then again they're not made for it...

seem a lot wider than any other 2.1 which I like. Been using these since 2002 and can't see myself buying another brand/model anytime soon.

[Jan 11, 2013]
Joe Hall
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

The most hard wearing tire I've ever used. Had the same pair for 10+ years, and still have a tonne of tread!
Climb on wet muddy trails really well, plenty of traction on the rear wheel. Descend and corner even better.
Very tough and thick, low amount of punctures.

A little heavy. Not the best for really hard packed trails... and tar-mac you may as well forget it.
Worth having a less aggressive tire for summer XC rides.

If you do a lot of wet trail and singletrack riding, I'd recommend these tires.
Strong, strudy, meaty, grippy and a lot of fun!

[Mar 15, 2011]
aproimage

OVERALL
Strength:

Hard wearing, great on the trails, especially downhill, I don't recall a single puncture in all of the time that I've been running these, a good solid tyre and very wide for a 2.1"

These are a little bit on the heavy side for general riding. They can also make riding hard work on tarmac when moving travelling between trails.

I've owned and run these on one bike or another since they first came out over 10 years ago, and even my original pair is still going strong! They were always great on my hardtail and despite being generally excellent on my Bullit, I found that they didn't appear to grip so well up hill.
I do a really broad spectrum of riding getting from one trail to another so with this and the opportunity to save some weight in mind I have finally swapped the Factory DH's for a pair of Maxxis Ardents.
Despite the swap I have to say that the Factory Downhills have served me so well that I must salute them, an excellent tyre that has found a place in my heart.

Maxxis Ardent

[Mar 09, 2011]
boomforeal

OVERALL
Strength:

cheap, durable, grip well

heavy

great budget tire. all relevant characteristics are outstanding except for weight, but you can't have it all. i've run these in 2.3, 2.5 and currently have a set of 2.1's on my hardtail. they're great in all conditions, grip well and very predictable when leaned over, good in loose and tech, extremely durable but quite good in the wet, shed mud well. i've noticed that some newer fancy models are basically replicas of these, which i take as a good sign

minions

[Jan 10, 2010]
mx2strokes

OVERALL
Strength:

Fat, good grip, good price

heavy, fair bit of drag

I see quite a few people complaining about road grip!! its an off road tyre,on a mountain bike, for 'MOUNTAINS'...thats why they have suspension!!!

I have used these for a good few years, never had a flat,run 40psi and I weigh 98kgs, but I use decent quality tubes not tubes that come oem which are useless.

I have never had a problem with grip, rode today in 4 inches of snow and they still worked well, usually our trails range from mud to rocks.

I like them!

Maxxis initor, scwalbe,

[Sep 10, 2009]
cobrian

OVERALL
Strength:

Great in loose rock, tough tread, thick sidewalls

A bit heavy

I bought these tires lightly used, I've had them for 2 years and they're still going strong. I ride mostly rocky Colorado trails, from XC to resort DH, and these handle it all. They're heavy for XC, but I have a big steel hardtail so a few extra ounces of tire don't make much difference.

Highroller, Swamp Thing, Hutchinson Scorpion

[Jul 14, 2003]
Alex Lee

OVERALL
Strength:

Well at least it lasted me 6 months before I got new tires...handles quite well in muddy conditions but then again it's a aggressive mud tire.

Threads wear out very fast, knobs get torn off when I cycle technical trails and there's a hell lot of tears in the tire. Totally washes out when there's any water on your riding surface. Can't go riding when it's raining... My rear tyre is practically bald now after 3 months of riding everyday

These tires are only good for one kind of terrain: MUD and nothing else, not even urban. You can ride them on technical trail but you'll just be trashing the hell out of them. Buy it if you have no other alternative and need a tyre for just a few weeks, because that's just how long they'll last if you ride everyday.

First tire used

[Jul 02, 2003]
tyler pompu

Strength:

i kant get the frigen things off my sun ditch witch my dads evin tried and he pretty strong and he kant get it off wtf pissin me off i need 2 put a new tube in in

i hate them really thin than usual tyres

shiy

[Aug 31, 2003]
david land

OVERALL
Strength:

spongy and fat, great grip on rough terrain

tires slip out from under you on smooth concrete

I have taken a sharp turn on concrete and a slalom turn on smooth concrete-the first was road rash on my right forearm, the second was a slightly banged up knee. These are great for rough terrain-tons of grip, but if you find a slick surface -inclip and use your foot to assist in turns.

veliciraptors, hans rey maxxis

[Jun 06, 2003]
John

OVERALL
Strength:

Great cheaper tyres that do the job just as well as tyres 3x the price. Look and feel good too.

For the price, ummmm none

Great tyres that stick to what they're supposed to..."the ground" Who knows if they stick to mud,concrete,grass and wood any better than the costly ones. Its all personal preference and who likes what.
Everything will fail if its pushed too hard.

I will buy'em again.

Most expensive names (no free advertising) as they don't pay me.

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.