Specialized S-Works Ground Control 2Bliss Ready Tire

[Jul 24, 2019]
Meadowlion

OVERALL
Strength:

Very good tread and very lightweight, i bought them on sale for 25$ so it was a good deal. Very easy to install on my rims. Very good cornering grip.

Like others have said it has a thin sidewall, some damage after slowly scraping the side of a rock. But besides that no negatives.

Price Paid:
Purchased:
New
[May 09, 2019]
Gregory757

OVERALL
Strength:

I ride a 2012 S-Works Epic and I run a 2.3 (665g) on the front and a 2.1 (600g) on the back. On my Carbon Roval Control rims, the 2.3 measures closer to 2.2 and the 2.1 measures 2.05. I bought these tires because they are pretty light and grippy. I run them tubeless in the low 20's PSI, and I've never had a problem with sidewall tears or punctures. I'm currently on my 3rd set of these puppies.

The only weakness is that they lose a psi or two on a typical 1-2 hour ride.

Price Paid:
Purchased:
New
Model Year:
2017
[Sep 17, 2014]
Joe

OVERALL
Strength:

Premium brand?

Impossible to setup tubeless after the first time, air compressor and a lot of luck required.
Super thin and weak side walls, easily punctured.
Slippery rubber compound. Really bad in wet, one rock or root and you'll eat mushrooms
Expensive and horrible quality, do NOT buy these tyres

Expensive and horrible quality, do NOT buy these tyres

Maxxis, Stan's, Hutchinson...

[Jul 29, 2014]
robriw3

OVERALL
Strength:

Great tires - all the reviews herein are true and correct. Run tubeless very well.

Sidewalls on the S-Works - very thin. After 7 days of rocky riding they were completely chewed up, but the tread still looked almost new. Requires a high pressure compressor to mount - at least with my American Classic rims.

If you don't have any rocks then these are good. Thin sidewalls are solely responsible for a race DNF and four miles of walking, so will not buy again. For 3 month old tires and two dozen rides I expected more life. Go with the thicker sidewall - non S-Works versions. Being in the rhino/Clydesdale XC class I probably put more stress on my tires than a flyweight racer.

WTB, Maxxis, CST, Kenda, Etc.

[Feb 11, 2013]
colnago888

OVERALL
Strength:

Lightweight, good sidewalls and air retention

I have been using these tires now on my Specialized Stumpy Evo through mixed terrain with lots of roots, rocks and short climbs. So far the tires have have performed very well. I have converted to tubeless from day one and found that the tires retained air well. I actually prefer these tires over the Schwalbe Evo Racing Ralph.

The tread pattern allows you to take corners with confidence. The sidewalls are quite a bit stronger than the Schwalbe EVO line. if you are looking for a high performance, lightweight tires, the S-Works line is worth the price.

Schwalbe RR EVO

[Dec 07, 2012]
ambassadorhawg

OVERALL
Strength:

Very light weight, incredible grip. Rolls well. Seals up well for tubeless application.

None for my use. Not recommended for harsh trail features such as sharp rocks due to thin sidewalls.

Mounted a set of size 29X2.1 tires this past Summer. Set up tubeless with Stan's. Rides well in all XC type trail conditions of Southern California. Incredible grip! I have yet to slide out in turns or while pushing hard up very steep loose-over-hard pack terrain. Wears pretty slow for a soft compound. Rolls well. I have ridden these on many miles of pavement for a part of my local loop workout ride. Other brands wore out faster. Tracks fairly well through sand. Sticks very well on hard pack and over smooth rocks and smooth tree trunks. I like them so much that I recently bought a new pair to have ready since they can be hard to obtain at times.

Kenda Nevegal

[Aug 15, 2012]
sevencyclist

OVERALL
Strength:

Light weight. Low rolling resistance. Good cornering grip for the front. True to size.

Supposedly S-Works rubber is not as durable, however, I am using it for the front, so wear has been minimal.

This is my first foray into tubeless. I had Trail Head Cyclery set it up for me, and the air held pretty well. So far only needed to top off air twice in the past two months. The tire is very light weight, and inflated true to size for 2.3 on Stan Crest rim.

I am using it only for the front, and it has very low rolling resistance compared to WTB Weirwolf 2.1 or even the Maxxix High Roller in 2.1 size. The profile is rounded, so the contact patch pattern changes depending on the lean angle which help to grab without too much rolling resistance (at least according to their marketing bent). I expected it to slide a little on fast turns, but it never did. I was contemplating about getting the Purgatory initially, but glad that I did not get the more aggressive tread, since I do not need more than the Ground Control tread pattern to get a good hold for my weekend cross country/trail riding. I think this tread strikes a good balance between grip and rolling resistance.

I was able to ride in rocky and gravel trails which did not cause problem for this tire. I was initially afraid of getting cuts to the light weight casing of S-Work, but it has survived the rocky parts well, so I am now riding with confidence.

I am planning to convert my rear to the tubeless system as well, and probably will get either the 2.1 size Ground Control or 2.2 Fast-Trak. They will be similar in weight.

WTB Weirwolf, Maxxix High Rollers, Panaracer Firc XC Pro, Panaracer Cinder, Panaracer Dart, IRC Claw Comp, Hutchinson Barracuda.

[Jul 18, 2012]
Murman

OVERALL
Strength:

Grip, roll well

none yet

Rode these at BCBR on soggy roots, rocks and mud for a week. I was glad these were recommended, because I could ride what others were walking-both up and down. I was surprised how well they rolled as well. A set of Ralphs will roll a little better, but not much, and with much less grip. Highly recommended.

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.