Specialized Roll X Sworks Tire Tire

• Aramid Bead
  • Slightly squared profile
  • Traction and low roling resistance
  • Generous braking and cornering knobs

[Jan 03, 2013]
Tulok
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Large Volume
Fast Rolling.
Lightweight!
GRIPPY!
I got them for $20 each

Thin sidewall if you're a rock smasher
Buzzy on pavement

These tires hook up! I can run a higher pressure to avoid pinch flats without sacrificing grip. I was having a hard time hooking up in turns with my tires, but these things have grip beyond what I've used before, I am able to rail berms and turns without fear of slipping.

Kenda Klaw, Bontrager Trail B, WTB Raptor

[Jul 22, 2006]
Jeff

OVERALL
Strength:

Great traction, fairly light weight

Spendy

I really like these tires. I was using IRC Mythos for a while. I heard they were designed specifically for the 1996 US Olympic team, and I think we all know how that turned out (too bad). Anyway, they were always washing out on me at low speeds. After the MBA review a couple years ago put these at #2 (after Kenda Navegal) I figured I'd give them a try. Glad I did. Way better traction on lots of different types of terrain: sandy, muddy, dry pack, even decent on damp roots and log steps. Price is comparable to Navegal, but I ride a Specialized and went with factory spec OEM parts.

Mythos, Velociraptor, Z-Max

[Sep 11, 2006]
Greg

OVERALL
Strength:

Lightwieght and rolls well on the flats. Fairly good tracking climbing in loose stuff.

Major washout on the sidewall, scary when on fast down hills.

While I give these tires a thumbs up for a XC race they fail badly for general use. Here is socal the later summer and fall brings lots of silt on the trails. Should this tire go directly over the silt no problem but if you happen to hit the edge of hard pack with the side of the tire it will slip badly. Go tire for rainer inland areas but not for the dry, silty, sandy trails. I would not recommend this tire to anyone other than an XC racer.

[Apr 28, 2008]
john

OVERALL
Strength:

light weight, durable, grip

they stopped making them, buy them while they lasr

I have raced two seasons with these w/o tubes using Stan's sealant. They are a terrific combination of light weight and grip. I have only used these as a front tire. I weigh 160 and run the tire at 26 psi.They are a great all condition race tire for the New England courses I race on.

panaracer fire xc, maxxis crossmark,

[Aug 25, 2006]
R

OVERALL
Strength:

This tire hooks up just as the MTB Magazine indicated. Some of the best tires I have ever riden. The front dig in on any turn and the back has great traction and predictability. Also they are very fast.

BUT.... and this is a huge but. I have had 5 tires on my bike this season and every one of them fell apart. The side walls split and riped in several places, no fewer than 4 and did this with every tire. I sent two back to Specialized and they sent new ones but they also fell apart after a month of riding. I am so bummed because I loved these tires but will be forced to go else where due to this problem.

If you can affoard to replace a tire after about 5 rides get these tires but if you need it to last a bit longer then better move on.

As much as I like these I am giving them a failing grade.

every tire under the sun

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.