Specialized Renegade Control 2Bliss Ready Tire

This world class Competitive XC tire for hardpack conditions is super light for easy acceleration and climbing, with a fast rolling tread design that maintains traction while climbing, cornering and braking.

[Sep 02, 2012]
Epic Dude

OVERALL
Strength:

Rolls fast. Good traction on dry surfaces.

Lightweight, sidewall cuts extremely easy.

Rode this tire for 260 miles. Tire rolls very fast and provides very good traction on dry surface. Tire's downfall is its light weight and soft sidewall. Need to be extra careful in any rocky sections as it is very easy to cut the tire's sidewall. Tire size is a 29 X 1.95. My riding weight is 165 lbs.

Kenda Small Block Eight.

[Jul 16, 2012]
MikeU

OVERALL
Strength:

These tires roll FAST.
Good rear tire for XC racing.
Light weight.
It aired up easily with a floor pump, when setting up tubeless.

Thin casings.
Climbing loose terrain.
Not recommended for rocky terrain.

This tire came stock as the rear tire on my 2012 Epic 29er. I was amazed at how fast it rolled. The fastest rolling tire I've used to date. I run Stan's tubeless, psi about 26 - 30 lb range. At this pressure, it gripped much better than expected when climbing loose terrain and provided decent cornering traction. I loved this tire until I eventually cut the sidewall on a rocky descent. I expected the "Control" version to be a little more durable.

Fast Trak
Ground Control
The Captain

[Jun 17, 2012]
Tim Goller
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

roll fast, great grip, light weight

out of round

Got 4 of these tires, and 3 are out of round, 1 especially bad. Mounted the first one 3 times, starting in different places , and it was "flat" or out of round in the same spot. You don't notice it when climbing rocks and hills, or going down a dirt and rocky trial, but it is annoying while riding on the asphalt to get to the trail. I was surprised at how much a light weight tire makes. I use original slime for flat prevention. Also I am 220 lbs so I like to ride with a lot of air and you need a sealant for the leaky sidewalls. (probably due to high pressure, but not excess of 55 psi) After the first ride, they held air real good. The also pop on the bead well. I had to fix a flat, and broke one side open to fix the flat on the trail; it was a huge thorn from a tree. Put the patch on the inside, waited for the glue to dry, and I aired it up with my little pump. As much as I paid for them, I thought they should be perfectly round. Other than that I was impressed with the speed of the tire, for this dry and arid climate. Also I got into a lot of mud, for a long way on a dirt road in winter, I was making about 2' ruts, and I was not slipping and sliding like I figured I would have when I saw it coming up. I think I will go back to Bontrager. Their tires are comparable, except they are round. Also they have not worn out as fast as I thought they would either. Front tire, 1 year and running, back lasted about 6 months. I ride over an hour 3-4 days a week.

IRC elgato, Bontrager xr4exp

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.