Specialized Pinn'er Control Tire

• PSI: 25-50

[Aug 03, 2020]
jbozo89

OVERALL
Strength:

This tire holds up very well, I have riden over 300 miles on this thing with no flats. I am a All Mountain Rider and ride in all types of conditions, this thing grips like no other. It did great at the famous Big Bear MTB park in SO Cal, I am pushing 240+lbs and run at 35psi. This thing is indistructible, even with putting the mileage has not worn out for nothing. All you XC riders and All Mountain riders looking for a tire that works in all conditions get this tire.

Purchased:
Used
[May 13, 2012]
justwan naride

OVERALL
Strength:

Puncture resistance, cornering at speed (off camber too! ), decent RR, durability

weight, slow speed cornering

When I started riding more technical trails the Panaracer Fire XC proved to be too low volume for use on the front so I started looking for a wider, aggressive tyre. I got this at the lbs used in a very good condition and paid half price.

It likes to be pushed into corners and leaned well onto its sideblocks. We have some pretty fast off camber turns here and ridden this way it never dissapoints. It doesn't respond well in half-hearted, slow cornerning, where you may lose control of the front unexpectedly. I believe this has something to do with the distance between main and side knobs. The faster you go, the better it grips.

Conditions: I haven't ridden in very muddy trails with this tyre but it's fine in average wet conditions. I'd say it performs best when the ground is slightly damp. Also fine in the dry.

I ride rocky singletrack and "playfull" xc and this tyre has covered my needs over the past season. Too heavy for xc racing or a light build. Good value because I didn't pay full price.

Panaracer Fire XC Pro, Kenda Navegal

[Jul 14, 2011]
iceman43

OVERALL
Strength:

Great traction in all conditions

Weight,slight rolling resistance

WTB Prowler MX

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.