Specialized Infinity Armadillo Tire Tire

The Infinity is a long-wearing, long-lasting, incredibly durable tire that’s ideally suited to commuting, trekking and street use. The deep recessed tread provides excellent traction through water and debris, while the rounded profile ensures stable, predictable handling in corners.

[Nov 20, 2010]
Jim

OVERALL
Strength:

Seem to have good traction

Had tires 3 weeks have had three punctures.

Wouldn't buy these again

Continental

[Jul 10, 2008]
david thompson

OVERALL
Strength:

Wears very slowly. Does seem to reduce the number of flats.

Isn't completely impregnable - I've had a slice/cut as well as a tack puncture and a nail puncture over 2+ yrs of daily commute riding (on-road only). Product is also a little pricey.

These guys seem to be an improvement over thin tires. However, they still permit a flat to occur from time to time.

[Dec 12, 2007]
Tercio

OVERALL
Strength:

Good flat protection

Heavy, but I don't care about that kind of thing

Good tires. Good flat protection. I got the occasional flat. Glass, mostly. One time I picked up an upholstery tack. Keep them pumped up. Sometimes, like today, after letting the pressure fall too much over time, I'd pump the tires to full pressure only to immediately get a flat. The only thing I can guess is that the glass was already in there and pumping it to full just helped push the glass the rest of the way through. Maybe? But still, that's a me problem for not keeping the pressure up on a regular basis. This pair lasted me two years, which is what I used to get out of Avocetts before their quality went south. I'm happy with that. I ride a lot. I've gotten three flats from glass in the last month so it's time for a new pair. I'm getting some different Armadillos this time, so in two years I'll post another review; unless they crap out sooner, then you'll hear from me sooner.

Avocett cross IIs, Tioga city slickers

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.