Specialized Enduro Pro D2 Tire Tire

• Deep and widely spaced tread
  • Large shoulder lugs
  • Aramid Bead
  • Soft shoulder compound
  • High durability and low rolling resistance

[Jul 23, 2015]
Travis McOuat
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Grip, responsiveness, wear

In short, this is the best FRONT tire I have ever run. Super reliable grip on corners in all of the conditions I have ridden. I love how it will go where I lean the bike effortlessly. When I finally needed to replace mine after 2 years I tried several other highly rated tires and none of them were as good as the Enduro Pro.

[Jul 16, 2010]
SDGgf

OVERALL
Strength:

there awesome and have great traction

there heavy

they work great

idk

[Dec 18, 2008]
TDFbound

OVERALL
Strength:

(2.3 width) lighter than some tires, fast rolling

i can't even call grip a weakness because it doesn't have any to begin with.

REVIEW is for 2.3" tires. I bought this tire to replace my heavy, slow rolling Nevegals (given, i was riding 2.5 in tires). I put the tires on both front and back, and I was very happy to be going noticeably faster on all of my local singletrack... but just on the dirt. Rocks and roots are a no go with this tire. They have NO GRIP. These tires hook up great in the dirt and on berms, but not in anything not as dirty as dirt. My trails have lots of rocks and TONS of roots on them. This tire slipped and slid all over the place! most scary ride I have had in a good while. I had to pick the front wheel up over every root in order to avoid the front wheel skidding sideways a few inches on every root, and the back wheel continuously slid around like i was on ice instead of roots. maybe more like icy roots. My Nevegals are going on the bike as soon as I have a few spare minutes. The Nevegals have never slipped on any but the most slimy and mossy of wet roots. Rocks and roots, wet or dry, have never given me ANY issues until now. Now i get scared when i see a root going diagonal across the trail. I know i will slide. the damn things even slid on a dry rock no more than a foot long, and a foot wide, with an itty bitty slant to it. i crashed into a tree because of that slip. nevegals never gave me any issues...

I hate these tires. I love my nevegals. Only buy these if you have smooth dirty singletrack that never gets wet and has no roots. and don't ride them on the asphalt, they have tall shoulder knobs that flex like a mother when you try and turn, even at slow speeds.

Kenda Nevegal, most bontrager tires

[Jun 17, 2008]
Neal231

OVERALL
Strength:

Grip/traction, width, volume, appearance, price.

None that I've experienced thus far.

Since my ride is a hardtail, I noticed the benefits of a wide, high-volume tire almost IMMEDIATELY (running 26x2.40's), since I was previously running the smaller/skinnier FastTrak 2.10's. The ride became more controlled and comfortable, all at once. Handling increased in a major way, as did my confidence in taking those switchbacks. The grip was so good, stuff was flying everywhere. Bottom line? A very good tire for not a whole lot of $$$.

And, not for nothin', but to the guy who's complaining about these tires wearing out too quickly on CONCRETE....I dunno, that just cracked me up. These aren't ROAD tires....of course they're gonna wear out if you ride 'em on the road!

Maxxis High Roller, Specialized FastTrak

[Aug 20, 2007]
Br7_N

OVERALL
Strength:

GRIPS! Climbs very, very well over rocks, rock faces, roots, loose, and technical. Also brakes and corners very well.

There's something about Specialized tires.. threads show on the sidewalls after one ride! Had the casing rip and blowout.. did Specd's No Question Tire Return thing.. happened again- 3 times in all- and it's not the lines I pick. Tried the Sport tire @ 60tpi, same problem. Rolls like a drunk slug.

If you can get these tires for a decent price, they're worth it. The grip, cornering, and braking are all outstanding. They wear fairly well also. But I'm hating specialized sidewalls.. so I'm moving on. Makes an excellent front tire, where it is less prone to sidewall damage.

WTB Velociraptors, Mutanos, Kenda Kinetics, Conti Verts, Slash, etc.

[Jun 05, 2007]
Arkon Bey

OVERALL
Strength:

cushy, forgiving, grippy

Heavy;

Riding a hardtail, I was very pleased with how this tire added just a bit of cushion. It works very well in the wet and soft conditions of Northern Vermont (pine and mixed forests). It works good on rocks, remarkably fair on wet rocks, and acceptible on loose hardpack fire roads. On the loose stuff, it is very predictable and lets you know just before it breaks away; and even then it recovers rather quickly.

It is heavy, though and for the first few rides this weight was noticable on the climbs. All in all, it is a nice tire and I think I'll head down and grab another. (I always hate to find a good tire and have it discontinued, forcing me to start mysearch over again)

Specialized Team Master; WTB Velociraptor

[May 13, 2007]
Brad Shumate

OVERALL
Strength:

Large Volume, Excellent grip in wet or dry, Few flats,Rolls fast,Looks good

Thin sidewalls,my rear tire has some bad gashes from rocks, but I am going to replace it with another Enduro Pro D2.

These tires are a little heavy at 775 grams but they roll so well they don't feel heavy. When you get to the top you will be glad you have these tires. I use the 2.3 's with 40psi and tubes. These tires make me a better rider and give me the confidence to tackle stuff that I use to bounce through, now I just flow. Lines? Make your own lines with these tires. If your are a trail rider with a 4-6" travel bike you will like these tires. Traction on the climbs desents and in the turns is great.

IRC,Kenda,WTB,ect

[Apr 13, 2008]
blah wtf

OVERALL
Strength:

sticky, light foldable.

soft side wall. not good for pavement wear.

this tire is good for a AM, relatively light foldable, backup. it does wear fast when used on asphalt. it is light for a decent 2.3 knobby (650) and i have never puncured it. i bought it to use on my LT-FR bike for the front, cuz it was lighter than the wire bead tires, but the sidewall being soft, i encountered the sidewall separating from the bead on a mav. d521 (now 721). after letting it be used on the rear with a rhyno, it worked fine, but wore out very quick. all the center knobs are just about flat. this tire is like a 1 season tire that'll do the job, or a good backup that wont get abused too hard. it is the dual comp. enduro pro. 2.3 and it does not seem to be offered now. i would not buy another, but it was a good cost for value tire. now its on a rigid trail commuter, and its waitng for its replacement. i have put roughly about the same distance on my gazza 2.3, and it is only at about 1/2 wear, and just as sticky. but it is also 1/3lb heaver due to it being wire.

as for 2.3's: just gazza's, other tires: lots.

[Oct 27, 2006]
Matthew George

OVERALL
Strength:

Low weight considering size and monsterous grip.

None after 6 or 7 months.

Some people say that big tires are too heavy...whatever. These tires are great! They consistantly protect my rims, save my butt on the scary stuff and roll great. I haven't noticed a measurable increase in rolling resistance or weight since swithching from the Adrenaline 2.0's.What I have noticed is a serious improvement in wet and dry traction and an increase in confidence. If you want serious grip with little downside, buy these tires.

Specialized Adrenaline Pro 2.0, Lots of other tires on my multitude of bikes over the years.

[May 04, 2006]
adamant

OVERALL
Strength:

good overall trail tire for riding fast downhill on a cross country (5 inch FS) bike.

thin sidewalls. but the trade off is light weight (750g) for the 2.4 size

Great all-around tire. Using the 2.4 size. I like to ride both uphill and downhill as fast as I can. 7 days of riding in Moab put a lot of wear on the tread, but to be expected riding on rocks. Front tire predictable when cornering hard. Nice high profile helps protect rim.

Conti 2.3 Vertical Pro UST

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.