Specialized Assfault Tire

Ultra durable street and vert tire designed with the Specialized 415 Team.

[Dec 27, 2002]
Guillermo Roman

OVERALL
Strength:

The best grip me and my friends ever found on a tire. I got a pair of them when I purchased my Specialized 415 Pro '01 in November 2000. Unfortunately, the front one became destroyed due to an "explosion" (I never ride with less than 80 PSI, and there was a small cut it the edge of the tire... ups!).

As weel as they're really strong and light (the Kevlar works great) it is pretty hard to uninstall them or repair a flat tire... if you don't have a couple of unscrewers it'll be imposible.

I'm really disappointed 'cause Specialized never sold these tires with coloured sides. My original ones came in black & red (amazing and unique combination) but they sale them only in black...

Kenda Kontact 20x2.25 65 PSI. Another excellent tire.

[Aug 25, 2002]
Matt

OVERALL
Strength:

This tire is the most durable of all tires I have seen lately. most tires are rated at 65 psi, but since this tire has a layer of kevlar type material it is rated at 100psi. The grip wears away very slowly so it lasts a long time

The only weakness I have found is you have to be very careful when putting in new tubes because it tends to seat in the wrong spot. Just make sure as you are pumping it up that the rim is on the correct part of the tire.

Bottom line is, if you want a good tire that will last I strongly encourage you to buy this tire.