Schwalbe Little Albert Tire

The Little Albert is ideal for providing outstanding performance on shale tracks for both fearless soft and hardtail riders.

[Dec 01, 2007]
Olivier

OVERALL
Strength:

What a grip !!!
excellent at braking

not the lightest
some rolling resistance compared to real XC tires

Really excellent everywhere, especially in loose condition. It loves wet rocks and roots.
I use it only as front tire in any condition.
I love it

nobby nick

[May 18, 2006]
MARK

OVERALL
Strength:

Tough side wall, good tread pattern for a variety of conditions.

Low air volume for a 2.1

I posted an earlier review and this is a follow-up. I'm rating the 29er tire. The tire is holding up extremely well to the abuse tires are subjected to in Las Vegas (sharp Lava rock etc.). I can't believe how this tire has resisted getting torn open at the side wall and cuts that typically shread tires here. After 3 yeards of riding and racing XC here in Las Vegas, this is the first tire I will actually wear out. I've never worn out a tire here because of sidewall cuts and nobs being torn off. I think the previous review is and unfair rating that averaged in to lower the score these tires deserve. They were never meant to be a down hill tire so why rate them as such.

My only suggestion to Schwalbe on this tire is, make it in a true 2.1 or 2.2. The air volume is the only thing lacking in this tire.

Kenda Klaw, Bontrager AC, Maxiss Ignitor, Bontrager XR, Conti Vapor

[Dec 31, 2005]
da Vincy Trills for kills
Downhiller

OVERALL
Strength:

good cornering grip on the front on tacky condition but not on loose soil, good for trails, good for climbing, fair stopping power grip, fast weels!

it ain't a pinch flat resistant when riding on xtrem rocky condition, still slip on loose rock condition, spikes on the rear get easily torn

these tires are good for trails but not too extreme, light for xc & fast. Not good for rockyz

continental slicky xc tires

[Jun 20, 2007]
xtrsmith

OVERALL
Strength:

This tire rolls smooth like a road tire and hooks up really, really well. I've been riding in california and have great results. Got the tire based on a recommendation and it's turned out to be the best 29er tire I've used. Great life and durability.

Haven't found any.

For being a narrow tire, it rides like it's 2.75" wide. Highly recommend this tire. I hope they make it for a good long while.

[Feb 01, 2005]
John

OVERALL
Strength:

OK all round on front

tore off side knobs on rear over rocky trail (Skyline/White's Level - Afan)

not as good as the Aligators on mud and roots but generally OK... but not up to rock steps etc...

Hutchinson Aligator, Nokina NBX, Wildgripper etc

[Sep 13, 2004]
Al Osorio

OVERALL
Strength:

Does everything that is should in mountains wet or dry. Great Grip and very light. Only got one thorn that made it through to the tube in about 350 miles of pure biking in forest and mountains. OK, very good cornering in lose dirt.

Not the greatest rolling resistance. You can feel the knobs vibrate a bite when you are on the street. REAR TIRE WEARS OUT 3 TIMES as Fast as the original Conti Explorer did!

I live in Switzerland so the German brands are easy to get to at not a bad price over the net. I picked up the Little Albert because they are a hair lighter and cheaper in price compared to original Continental explorers. (Plus, Schwalbe still produces in Germany as opposed to far east) I am originally American so who really cares, but I thought I would mention that. The only major complaint is that these tires wear too fast. the Middle knobs in back tire look almost eaten because I assume the light weight means softer tire?? If you do 1000 miles a year of pure biking I don't think you will make it with only 2 sets of litte Alberts. I am going to pay the extra bucks and get the explorer's again.

Conti Explorer. Ritchey ZED Kevlar

[Nov 23, 2005]
MARK

OVERALL
Strength:

Just a very nice all around 29er tire. Good climbing, braking and cornering traction.

I have a fellow 29er friend who loved this tire but he experienced problems with side knobs failing. I met with a Schwalbe rep at Interbike. I wish I could remember his name. He was the most informative tire industry rep I've met. He explained that Schwalbe had one run of tires that were defective and guaranteed that I'd be very happy trusting the tires durability. I ordered a pair and have put them through the test. I live and ride in the las Vegas area. We have severe lava rock conditions that just shread tires. I have hit the side walls and raced wrecklessly through rock gardens on these tires. They are holding up to the challenge.

Maxxis Ignitor, Bontrager AC, Conti Vapor, WTB Nano

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.