Schwalbe King Jim Tire

• ETRTO 60-559 Performance Light

[Jun 25, 2011]
1illenduro

OVERALL
Strength:

good traction on the rear,able to hook up on loose rocky dirt like the wall @7th ave.rolls fast

2.35 is actually 2.10.size is way off. @2.10 as front is little sketchy @speed.i like a good fatty for the front.

for the price you just can't pass them up if they're on sale.im going to give these 4 chilis since the size is way off but other than that pretty darn good tire.

nevegal,weirwolf,ust nevegal,wtb prowler

[Apr 19, 2005]
Josh

OVERALL
Strength:

Predictible in every condition except wet roots and rocks.

Noticibly different behavior in wet conditions

I moved to Montreal about 5 years ago and quickly hooked up with 4 riding partners from a local shop. When I moved here I had been riding mostly XC and was using Continental XCs (having come off the smoke and dart before that:)) I noticed that even though each of these four guys rode different bikes, they were all using some combination of Schwalbe tires. I've been riding strictly Schwalbe for the last three years and on King Jims for a year.

If you are looking to buy new tires. Look no further.

I've ridden the Skinny Jimmy, Jimmy, Big Jilm (It's actually Big Jim, Being a big Ween fan I have to call it
Big Jilm) King Jim, Albert, Fat Albert, Super Moto, Racing Ralph.

I'd like to get my hands on some Al Mightys and see how they are.

These tires are great all around tires that excell in so many conditions you will be willing to sacrifice the performance in wet conditions, but as far as I'm concerned, all tires suffer a decrease in performance when it gets wet. Get some and try them make up your own mind. Remember, nothings cooler than having about 30 pairs of tires in your workspace.

Nokian NBX, Schwalbe Fat Albert, Continental Vertical Pro, Tioga DH 2.3

[Dec 17, 2004]
Jen Levin

OVERALL
Strength:

Lightweight 2.35 tire

I've used these as a front tire in SoCal for over a year. Relavitely lightweight for such a high volume tire (2.35).

They work realy well with Stan's (I've used them on Mavic 717's and Stan's ZTR rims).

I've had mixed luck with the soft compound version (front specific). Lost a lot of knobs on my my current soft compound version. Next time I'll go back to the regular compound -- that one didn't seem to lose knobs like the soft compound. (note: black ShoeGoo works great for patching broken knobs).

A little pricey so I'm giving them a 4 for value, but a 5 for being a great tire overall. I'll keep buying them since I haven't found anything else I like better.

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.