Ritchey Z-Max Premonition WCS Tire

• An open tread, square profile interpretation
  • Trapezoidal knobs
  • Side knobs employ VFA design
  • Open tread design delivers a superior mud-shedding performance
  • Dual compound for better cornering grip

[Jul 04, 2013]
John Rose

OVERALL
Strength:

Grip, Volume, Ride Quality, Versatile, Rolling resistance, wear is unbelievably good for a soft compound, really aesy on and off the rim for trailside repair (also a weakness)

I didn't get the tubeless ones and you can't use the others tubeless (I tried everything). Loose on the bead and can rotate on the rim (again non tubeless). Hard to get the back end sliding as they hook up 'suddenly'. Wet rocks and logs, especially the ones with moss and stuff (walking on that stuff can land you on your butt though)

Used these tyres in the 2.4x26 on my Felt Virtue 1 after a (not so great) stint with Rocket Rons (ditched them) and Tomec Cortez (no intermedite knobs). What a transformation! Great grip, great stability, great cornering thanks to the intermediate knobs, great roll on speed, in nearly all conditions. IMHO a great all round tyre that you put on and leave on until you replace it. I am not a real hardcore rider so the roundish profile and the lower side knobs may not suit that sort of rider. I ride mainly sand and soft dirt and some clay (slippery when wet) with logs and minimal rock so these are great @ about 32psi with tubes. I was so impressed after the first year with them that I put them on my hardtail as well. I hope they bring them out for 29ers (hint, hint Ritchey) as I am building one up and the only thing that is close is the XKings. They're a bit light on and more like Rocket Rons and I don't want to go there again.

[May 22, 2010]
Beamer50

OVERALL
Strength:

Great traction, very lightweight

none so far

This tire is very much like the old Ritchey Force Racing K.
I loved that one so this is a perfect tire to me.

Force Racing K

[Feb 09, 2010]
SteelKof

OVERALL
Strength:

Good Grip uphill.

Wet roots

Love my 2.1

I found out that if you dont tramp 120% till they spins they got me up through climbs I never managed before.
I read the review by Muzza:
I get what he is writing...
Also;
I ride 9 km back and forth to work and they are really not that bad. So good that I dont care for changing back to my "Black Panther" summer/tar tires.

I love these tires

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.