Panaracer Tserv Tire

PanaracerT-Serv ProtexTire An urban favorite:The choice of many messengers and urban commuters. Duro Protex improves onThe original Duro by adding a Protex breakerToThe superTough 3D casing. Protex is a proprietary additiveThat adheresToThe casing and makesTiresThreeTimes more puncture resistantThan other casing reinforcement systems Zero Slip Grip NaturalTread compound integrates more natural rubberTo decrease rolling resistance and increaseTread wear life 400D Lite Extra CordTechnology i

[Apr 08, 2016]
c8stom

OVERALL
Strength:

1. Light
2. Grippy
3. Low rolling and wind resistance ( little no no howling or road noise )
4. Gets even better at high PSI to the extent I can keep with roadies
5. Nice colors ( I have a set of red and a set of black. Blue and yellow is also available )

After mounting them on perfectly new/true wheels, I noticed some very slight uneveness at certain points in the form of tire bulging. This can mislead you to think the wheel is not true or the tire was not mounted well even though it was. Not a big issue though as it does not take away much if any from the the efficiency

On my main bike, my T-Servs have been running for over 5000kms There is about 40% wear on the rear and 15% on the front but there is still ample tread. I recently swapped the front/rears to give myself at least another 5000kms of use and feel just as much confidence cornering. The tread design is very good to suit even those who corner at higher cornering angles. At 60+ PSI, the bike is very very quick. You just roll on and on and on

Nb. I would not advise swapping front/rears unless the rider is very sure of what she/he is doing.

Specialised Nimbus III

[Jan 12, 2014]
Harisean

OVERALL
Strength:

Excellent grip on all conditions. I have taken these tires to mud and rocks (not intentionally) and they didnt give any problems, besides loss of speed. Takes a long time to reach the end of its service life.

None so far.

Such excellent tires! A relative of mine has had these tires for 10 years running... 10 YEARS! It is still only about halfway to 3/4 through its life and it will continue to serve. I have taken his bike out on a spin in the wet and absolutely no problems. The pair i have is pretty new (1 year) and it will continue to serve me for many years. Absolutely worth every penny.

[Jun 19, 2003]
Ma Ge Si

OVERALL
Strength:

1.25 = good width for city riding

kevlar rim is getting sloppy, i frequently change between off-road tires and these.

nice size for city riding with the ability to get up to speed with road-rides. the slightly higher middle tread basically makes it a 1.0" tire, except for weight. best is you don't get sh*tless as when riding 1.0" around nasty Chinese suburbs with crazy folk on wheels.
look for something fatter if you wanna do more curbs.

none so far

[Apr 05, 2006]
Daniel

OVERALL
Strength:

Easy to mount, very light weight, bombproof, will come to a screeching stop on a wet manhole lid. Double or triple of the normal amount of friction provides much additional exercise (1.75" width). These should be marketed as a weight-loss product.

Super Slow!! This (T-Serv 26x1.75), being an enlarged roadie tire, has the same rubber compound as is necessary to hold a 25mm wide tire on the road. However, at 1.75, it has double the necessary friction. Had to work hard just to hit 17 mph, and couldn't hold anything over 15 mph. Yuck!!! Double-Yuck!!!

While the 700c x 28mm Panaracer T-serv were a wonderful experience in every way, the 26" x 1.75 were super-slow.
You might want some if you cycle on ice, otherwise, it's a road bike only product.

Schwinn Typhoon Cord, Chen Sching 26x1.75 knobbies (and both of these had the appropriate super-fast, dry-feeling, non-sticky rubber compound that SHOULD be on a large tire).

[Mar 22, 2006]
Dave

OVERALL
Strength:

light, fast, grippy wet or dry, supple ride, sport-bike handling

finicky to mount, requires high pressure

One of the best commuting tires I've found for my MTB, has served well all year round here, good traction and handling in almost all conditions. Long-wearing, not as flat-resistant as the Armadillos but pretty good. Light weight and folding make it easy to take a spare on a tour.

Specialized Armadillo, Conti Top Slick, Vittoria city tire

[Jun 18, 2007]
viger

OVERALL
Strength:

1. extremely low rolling resistance
2. quiet at high speeds
3. very grippy
4. able to roll over small stones w/o punctures

1. high psi will make the ride harsher than normal

this review is for the 1.25" tires. 5 flaming chilis for a good mtb slick. it instantly transforms your mtb to a road-worthy bike. however, choice of route is important - avoid debris as much as possible. highly recommended. worth every buck.

kenda klimax lite 26x1.95"

[Feb 10, 2002]
Ed

OVERALL
Strength:

A light tire with good grip in dry condition. Low rolling resistence. I could ride fast with these tires.

Never run this tires at low pressure. I had a flat (actually 2 flats) of both the front and back at the same time because the pressure was not high enough.

If you want a fast road ride then get a pair of these and you will not regret. You will only wish that your chainrings should be bigger.

[Feb 16, 2004]
Arthur Tong

OVERALL
Strength:

Strong and really really really really fast.

No weaknesses yet.

Its awesome, I use 26x2inch and 26x2.1inch when I go offroad. After I bought them cos I wanted to try some slicks for my road riding, I was shock how fast this babies goes. But always remember to pump till the required air pressure so that the tires perform at its best.

[Oct 22, 2001]
Bjorndoggie Cruiser

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, excellent grip in dry conditions (haven't been in the rain yet).

None so far.

I can't ride off road right now because of knee surgury. So I bought these bad boys to put on my mountain bike for rehab. They're grrreat! I feel like once my physical therapy is done I might be able to run down some of my road dog friends on my FSR! Ride on!

Specialized Crossroads. Has a transition problem going into curves.

[Oct 17, 2003]
George

OVERALL
Strength:

Well made, built to last, fast tire for the road, hold the road well, puncture resistant.

None, but would like to see a 26x 2.0 foldable tire in the future in the design from Panaracer.

This review is for the SOMA New Xpress 26 x 1.75 foldable tire which is essentially the Panaracer Tserv. I really like this tire for urban MTB road riding. It's well made, doesn't wear fast, looks good and it's really light at 460 grams in the 26x1.75 size. This size tire does lower your bike though. I would like to see at wider MTB tire in this model nest year like a 26 X 2.0.

Mostly semi-slicks for Ritchey, etc.

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.