Panaracer Pyro Tire

Panaracer Pyro

[Aug 04, 2008]
benjamin mays

OVERALL
Strength:

phenominal traction and flotation in loose and soft terrain ie: sand, mud, gravel.

terrible on the road or hard slick surfaces.

these are awsome tires for trail riding in soft or sloppy conditions. great for loose terrain.

big kahuna / paddle type tire

[Jul 05, 2002]
Paul

OVERALL
Strength:

Good tread design, hooks up well. 2.25 size is ideal in back

Side wall is way to thin. Got a sidewall blowout on almost every ride with this tire. S-canned the tire after 1 month and a roll of duct tape.

Don't waste your money on this tire unless you like fixing flats.

WTB V-raptors, these are the way to go.

[Mar 09, 2002]
Alan

OVERALL
Strength:

Pretty good in snow

Not too good off camber, sidewall rips easily

Three of us have these tires on our bikes and none of us are too happy with them. They seem to really slide in high speed off camber sections, where you least want something like that to happen. My side wall blew out after less than 10 rides- a first. I guess the price is ok but they aren't confidence inspiring at speed and don't dig in like they should.

too many to list- there's about 30 old tires in my shed

[Jan 13, 2002]
James

OVERALL
Strength:

Grip, ride, comfort & stability. I was surprised that these tires, considering their size gave me a decent ride on the black top to the trails. For a 2.25 you can safely run non-downhill specific tubes with these tires high profile.

ZIPPO

Look, these tires are sweet, no phenomenal. I'm a XC rider who likes to hit any crazy ride I can find and from the first hill I hit these tires blew me away. They give a soft ride with incredible grip that allows you to toss mud..They appear to be no larger than a 2.0 after setting them up, but the track left behind looks to be half again the size of my IRC 1.9's...so what I'm saying is, that these tires have an incredible area of contact which = GREATER TRACTION & CONTROL. Unless you race, BUY them!

IRC Mythos(not bad tires), Vredestein.

[Oct 02, 2002]
Bill Haq

OVERALL
Strength:

Price, straight line traction, widely spaced tread indicates good mud shedding ability.

Very little lateral traction. The rear end washes out on anything remotely moist, especially wet logs. Sidewall seems very thin.

Another "freeride" tire. If you ride in dry conditons, the tire will wash out noticeably in loose stuff. If you can stand that, then it is a good buy for the money. Forget it if you ride in the wet unless you don't mind dismounting to get over logs.

Michelin DH Comp16 Soft, Panaracer Smokes

[Sep 23, 2001]
ken walters

OVERALL
Strength:

great climing tire works awesome on rocks and roots 2.25 size can be air down 4 traction and comfort

none!

if your a climing free rider get it in 2.25 and put a fire pro dh 2.3 on the front; air the front down to 31 psi, air the back to 38 and injoy the plush ride

irc mythos fire pro xc

[May 23, 2006]
Dustin Leonard

OVERALL
Strength:

The traction is great! Its very strong, and didn't chunk knobs at all. I would occasionally "air down" for even more traction, and this tire would take it on the cheek with a smile.

Lots of rolling resistance. Once I wore it out, I went to a different tire, and could immediatly see the difference in how much drag it has.

If you're not into being #1 on race day, but you want more traction than you'll ever need, this is the tire.

Nothing with that much traction

[Jul 22, 2006]
Kim Weighous

OVERALL
Strength:

Good rubber compond, fair cross section shape

Poor cornering traction, cornering instability, large blocks tend to grab, then let go, tends to shoots rocks, large blocks have lots of rolling resistance.

I have always had good luck with Panaracer - until I bought these tires. I wanted to try some large air volume tires, and I chose these over Continental Vertical mostly due to $10 per pair lower price. I don't think they have AS MUCH air volume as the Hutchinson Python Elites 2.0 they replaced, and are certainly not nearly as supple. The large blocks tend to catch on anything and everything on the trail, throwing rocks at squirrels, deer, fellow bikers or anything else that gets in the way with a very annoying "SPROING" about every 20 seconds. The large center blocks tend to squirm on rocks and pull the steering and also feel rough and inefficient under power. Worse yet, the large crosshatched side blocks are very unstable in high speed corners and tend to catch on rocks, then slide off, giving a very unsure cornering feel. I think they might be good on mud, but I don't ride on mud unless I have to. They are almost bad enough to take off and throw away - but I'll hold on at least until they get a few months wear on them. I would definitely spend the $10 and get the Continentals if I had it to do over again - one of the worst, no probably the worst, tires I have ever owned.

Lots O' tires

[Aug 10, 2001]
Jon

OVERALL
Strength:

great rear tire. I never lost traction! even on slippery climbs it held its own. great allrounder, sheds mud well
great tred design, get the 2.25

well none really after 6 months of hard riding on it I went on a new trail and tore the sidewall on a sharp rock sticking out on the side of the trail.

great trail riding tire. I reccommend the 2.25 since it
hooks up better. get it.

michelins and contis (they dont compare the panaracers)

[Dec 25, 2000]
jp

OVERALL
Strength:

1)tall
2)good knob pattern
3)blackwall

sidewalls. not that i have got a flat yet with this tire, just the walls seem under lots of stress

well, 5 stars for this tire.
1)it works very well with my 27mm rhyno lite. no other tire
has !
2) walls are know to be weak. well that is total f*cking bs.
i do pedalkicks off stuff tall enough to pinch flat and i
haven"t had a flat yet.
3)this tire is really good with wide rims
4)i do trials, and not softcore poser style.
this tire climbs up stuff when i japslap, stalls well and
is nice and bouncy under low psi.
5) i bought this tire off my friend and it was used already
for over 6 months. so it's a year old.
6)this tire just won't wear out !
5 flamin chillis man !
CONGRATULATIONS PANARACER, THIS TIRE ROCKS !

ok , here goes
panaracer dart , fire xc's , smokes
specialized team masterlcontrol, slick
tioga psycho , dh, factory xc
irc el gato, kujo dh , mythos xc
wtb velociraptor , primal raptor
kenda kinetics
AND LOTS LOTS MORE !!!

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.