Panaracer CG XC Tire

Cedric Gracia designed the CG XC tire for courses that require a fast rolling tire. The CG XC was designed for speed on soft to dry conditions and won’t let you down in the corners. The specially developed sticky compound incorporates Panaracer’s newest technology “Combo Compound.” Combo Compound was designed to provide grip as well as durability.

[Dec 04, 2015]
Doc Velo

OVERALL
Strength:

Rolls fairly fast, good control on medium and dry soil, rocks and roots

Tracks fairly well in mud but side slipped quite a few times in deeper mud. Not a true mud tire.

I have the 26X2.1 version. Set as a tubed tire. I use it as a late season/fall tire to give more grip than my Maxxis Ignitors. good general purpose tire, deep knobs that won't slow you down too much but if you want a dedicated mud tire, this ain't quite it...

[Jan 26, 2013]
kobe-wan

OVERALL
Strength:

Durable, rolls well, traction

does seep for a while (long while) set up tubeless

I've been riding this tire (rear only) for two years all over CO and into Utah. It has held up remarkably well (it should, as there is a ton of rubber on it), and I am just now thinking about replacing it. It is heavy, but it rolls very well, and handles just about everything quite well. The only times that I haven't been impressed with this tire is in mud or wet root sections- luckily I don't encounter that much here.

[Oct 04, 2012]
BikeSATORI

OVERALL
Strength:

LOTS of grip in packed to cushion riding, yet still very fast. Seem to be very predictable on off-camber or leaning in hard. I'm a momentum rider and these don't hold me back one bit. Popped right on with stans, no struggle. Weight is decent too, esp. considering the size/amount of knobs and no "sipes".

None so far. I might like some siped sections for a bit more "wet" grip, but this can be done by oneself... Also, maybe more width options?

Love these tires. Definitely surpassed my expectations and has me second guessing my thoughts of Panaracer mtb tires going out of date. Surprisingly a bit hard to find and get ahold of though...

[May 22, 2012]
Slee

OVERALL
Strength:

Durable so far. Capable in most conditions.

Tends to grab roots running parallel with the trail and slide easily on ones crossing it. Not good. Doesn't run tubeless well.

I use this tire on the rear. Overall, I consider it an average performer. It is extrememly porous and is not easy to set up for tubeless. Despite repeated efforts, it still slow leaks. It does seem to be a resiliant tire as its held up well against occasional poor line choices and plenty of roots and rock gardens. Never a tear or puncture. It loses traction too quickly on rooty climbs which can be extremely frustrating. On most other surfaces, including creek crossings, it seems to grab just fine.

[Apr 03, 2011]
SlowerThenSnot

OVERALL
Strength:

For dessert riding its flat out works

none found so far

In the first 60 miles I've had with this 2.25x29"er tire i'm very happy on how it preforms especially in the marblely rocks you find on top of slick-rock up on gooseberry mesa.

Tracks very well in sand.

Is quite quick on fire roads and pavement for how knobby it is and how much it weighs in at.

Leaves a fun track in the dirt!

So far no nits to pick