Nokian Gazzaloddi Core 2.3 Tire

• Psi: 36-65

[Aug 26, 2005]
Mike

OVERALL
Strength:

Grip, grip, grip.

None.

Anyone who does any type of heavy duty trail riding in wet conditions needs this tire. These are my wet conditions tire. Good tire for loose, damp, non-buffed trails as well. I use them on my Bullit with it's lighter wheelset for trail riding and light free ride. I've never seen a tire with so much grip. Climbing is unreal. Wet, off camber trails with slick roots are virtaully a non-issue. This tire has allowed me to absolutely crush less prepared, albeit better riders, in adverse conditions.

The tire is heavier than advertised and is not the fastest roller. However it has that sweet, soft feel to it that you get from an official DH specific tire.

I'd get another set in a second.

Too many

[Jul 22, 2005]
SurfTheEarth

OVERALL
Strength:

Sticky. Hooks up well on loose conditions. Tracks well on roots & rocks. Durable. Knobs still look good after 13 months of weekly riding. No flats!

For what the tire was designed for; None.

Not cheap but very durable. Looks like it may last another year. Great all conditions all-mountain tire. Excels at technical climbs and hairy descents.

Panaracer XC, IRC Mythos.

[Jan 11, 2006]
John

OVERALL
Strength:

Excellent traction on Pisgah-like terrain. This is the best front tire I've found for the area, it has a smooth feel to it, and corners well. Soft compound helps grip to rock.

Worth every penny to keep my front tire glued to the trail.

WTB Weirwolf 2.5 (my 2nd choice, doesn't shed mud as well), Tioga Factory DH 2.3 (too hard), Nokian NBX 2.3 (good when it's dry) IRC Mythos 2.1 (too small)

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.