Michelin XC Hard Terrain Tire

When the trail is more like concrete than dirt, choose the XC Hard Terrain. With its remarkably light weight and low-profile, claw-shaped knobs, the XC Hard Terrain is all about speed. Yet its aggressive shoulder knobs provide grip in the turns. A heavy-duty casing and durable rubber compound promote long wear.

[Mar 09, 2011]
Johan Greeff

OVERALL
Strength:

Speed, grip in the dry, converts to tubeless REAL easily.

None for what it was intended for.

I started buying Michelins only recently, purely because they were half the price of anything else out there (this was not the case before, so maybe they came down to earth a bit...).
These tyres perform beyond what they were designed for, and have made me very happy with the money spent. Its spring here now, and I have fitted a set of new the Wildrock'r. Just waiting for mtbr to put those on the list, and I will tell you all about them - awesome so far!!! When it dries out a bit, the Hard Terrains are going back on again, since they show very little wear after about 2500km.

Vredenstein

[Jun 19, 2010]
koankoen

OVERALL
Strength:

Lightweight tyre that rolls well on ashphalt and hard trails

Sometimes a little hard to get bead to bed in straight. Personally I would like it more in a 1.75 for road work.

I raced these tyres in tourdetimor 2009 and they were great on the hard roads as well as for training miles on open unsealed roads. I actually ground off abit more centre tread to make the ride smoother. The last one I bought I was amazed to easily mount tubeless (after setting bead in with a tube overnight) but haven't hammered it much yet to see how the light sidewalls stand up.

XC Dry, various maxxis conti irc tyres

[Apr 23, 2010]
BigA0168

OVERALL
Strength:

Ride, traction on packed soil, asphalt

Not the fastest on the asphalt, mud traction

I bought these a couple months back after getting tire of the low rolling resistance of my Bontregor nobbies on the pavement. I ride probably 65% pavement the rest trails. They do roll much faster then my Bontragor's did on hard ground and pavement although not as fast a pure street tire would. On recently tested them out on some hard packed mountain bike trails and they did awsome. The corner very flat with no slideout on the switchbacks and have plenty of traction to get up packed hills. I really havn't gotten into much mud with them and I know thier not made for it so I'm assuming thats a low point with these tires.

[Dec 08, 2009]
judge

OVERALL
Strength:

Weight, profile, easy folding for packing/shipping

None yet!

Having moved out of the city I needed a tyre that would give me some bite on the hard trails and sand where I now live but still give good performance and low resistance on asphalt where I spend 60-70% of the time. After a lot of research I bought the XC and I am delighted. Pumped hard there is no appreciable difference to the Conti's on the road and I can now ride along the beach without giving myself a hernia. The 2.0 width and squarish profile let it ride on top of the sand rather than digging in as the rounder profile 1.9 Conti's tended to. And the performance on hard pack and sand in corners is a huge improvement. Haven't tried them in the wet though.

Continental Town & Country

[Jul 19, 2008]
athleticfatih

OVERALL
Strength:

Durability!,Suitable for all terrain except wet ground, Light enough for its durability,when you inflate it to 58psi it goes very fast each on asphalte or cross medium.
Rolls fast, turns secure

I used this tire approximately 10.000km on every terrain.
Attended marathon races, ride daily long tours (up to 350km), record tries, dry/wet mediums, either on front or rear side, on hard rocks etc.

I sold this tire after 10.000km even including a patch on one side.It is great!

this is an extraordinary tire

[Sep 24, 2006]
Steve Woutters

OVERALL
Strength:

I am not seeing a lot strengths in a tire that surpasses its purpose somehow

Huge! On the road it has much higher rolling resistance than claimed. It is basically slow.

I was looking for a tire for cycle touring in south India. Although I might have selected the wrong type of tire for touring, I was very disappointed with the weight, size and rolling resistance of this tire. It does not accellerate and it is just tough to maintain a decent speed. It is going back to the shop and I will continue riding my excellent Michelin Wildgripper Comp for another while. These are much much faster.

Michelin Wildgripper Comp and Continental Vapor

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.