Michelin Transworld City Tire

The MichelinTransworld Sprint 700c HybridTire features a diamond-pointTread with side knobs and a puncture protector strip molded underTire makingThis a great all around cross or hybridTire. Reflective sidewall strip for enhanced visibility Diamond-pointTread with side knobs 33Tpi casing Puncture protector strip molded underTireTire Bead: Steel ISO Diameter: 622 ISO Width: 35 mmTireType: ClincherTire Diameter: 700cTire Use: Cross/Hybrid Weight: 660 g PSI: 36-73 PSI

[Apr 16, 2009]
mr.easy

OVERALL
Strength:

Good all around commuting tire, reflective side walls nice

Speeds will not put you on the podium

I really liked them, rear cooked at 2750 miles.
Small wires from treads causing excessive flats.

Moving to T-serves for the next set.

Everything.
Rubinos, gatorskins, various conti, Panaracer T-serve, etc

[Jul 09, 2008]
Eric

OVERALL
Strength:

Durable, pretty easy rolling, reflective sidewalls, ok traction

Handling took some getting used to - I think these tires have a pretty high profile

These tires have worked great for me - 4000 plus mostly commuting miles, four seasons/all weather in Wisconsin, zero flats since I put them on. Maybe I've just been lucky but haven't had the problems some of the other reviewers did. I would certainly use these again after I wear out this pair

generic slicks supposedly with kevlar anti puncture belts

[May 06, 2008]
Mike

OVERALL
Strength:

Great value

Not puncture proof, not ultra fast.

This is a good value tire. I use it for commuting and it is perfect for the price. Other tires may be faster or more puncture resistant but this is a good compromise. Only two punctures in 2000 miles. A decent amount of tread also helps in the wet.

[Jan 28, 2007]
Michael Scosyrev

OVERALL
Strength:

Low rolling resistance, reflective strip, pleasing appearance.

Light, fast wear under heavy load.

I bought this tire to replace an old and dried out original gazelle tire that had a buldge in a side wall. It served me well during the city commuting for 9 months and about 2000 miles. It was on the rear, but without load it hardly wore out. When I rode additional 900 miles with a heavy load climbing hills, the surface layer of the tire was wearing out very fast. In fact, a lot of small pieces of rubber were just hanging on the surface, hitting the fender while rolling.
When I put the tire on the front, and mounted Schwalbe Marathon on the back, and rode through a mile of dirt road surrounding old construction site, the Michelin had more than 15 thorns in it, as well as the Marathon. I use thorn resistant tubes. None of the thorns punctured the tube in the Marathon tire, while 3 thorns went through on the now worn Michelin Transworld City tire.
I bought a tire liners, and will probably try to get a little more miles out of the Michelin, but if it gets flat again, I will mount a new Marathon on its place, which I already bought.
The bottom line, the tire is very good, but there are heavier and more thicker tires out there which will protect from punctures better. I would recommend this tire for those who like lighter tires and who is more concerned with performance rather than puncture resistance.

Michelin World Tour, Gazelle tire (similar to Vredestein).

[Jan 24, 2007]
Greg

OVERALL
Strength:

this tire is fast, comfortable, quiet, reliable and provides all kinds of confidence. Tread design handles wet and water covered pavement with ease. I have had no problem getting way, way over in any turn either it be slow or fast.

none experienced.

Tires only used on pavement as cycle is a daily commuter. Never used in winter as I have a winter beater for that.
These tires are a great buy and are long lasting. If your looking for an exceptional city tire, look no further.
Tires also have a built in puncture protector and a reflective sidewall stripe. The folks at Michelin were using their heads when they came up with this tire. Go for it eh!

Michelin Country Trail's in use on recreational cycle.

[Apr 11, 2007]
Adam

OVERALL
Strength:

Durable thread, reflective stripe which works great, thick. Tread works great in poor riding conditions such as snow or rain and even ice. I only had one flat so far 600 mi and it was my fault since I did not mount the tire correctly and it pinched my tube. I expect to get many more miles out of this setup since the still tire looks brand new. It survived many more bad roads with glass, garbage, thorns etc than I would have expected it too.

Thickness of the tire works good for protecting the tube but it makes the tire VERY HEAVY. They are even heavier then my knobbies that I use on my xc bike. The tread works great for traction but it also picks up a ton of road debris so you have to constantly pick out glass and sharp rocks that gets imbeded into the crevices. Its also moderately expensive tire around $20.

Good tire overall especially in bad weather. Its not the fastest or the quietest or the lightest, but if you are not racing it should work great.

Performance city tires which are much lighter, less expensive but are not very reliable.

[Sep 19, 2006]
Chris Morrison

OVERALL
Strength:

Fast, good traction, decent grip on hard pack dirt, 150 road miles so far with no flats. Very well balanced at 40+MPH (nice downhill on commute to work).

None that I can think of.

Great tire. Good value. Would buy again.

First set if city tires.

[Jul 10, 2006]
Lloyd

OVERALL
Strength:

Smooth quiet ride, fast rolling, durable so far. Awesome city tire!

Mildly squirmy in Moderate Cornering (See bottom line)

This review is for the 26 x 1.95 tires.

Bought these tires to replace my stock Weirwolfs (WTB) for commuting (24-26 Miles a day), I really like these tires, I can average 18-19 MPH on completely flat roads, and I get up to 25-27 on slight downhills. They roll quite nicely, are super quiet, and corner well when pushed hard. They also did very well on a rainy day commute. (Better than the rider actually, 14 miles in the rain ain't my favorite!) Gravelled paths are OK, but cornering at speed or getting out of ruts can be hard.

My only gripe is this: When you get off the main center bead and on the side tread in moderate cornering, you can hear and feel a little bit of squirm. But if you lean a bit more they stop squirming and feel fine. ???????

Overall I like them a lot, and probably will buy another pair when these wear out. Speaking of which, these have >500 miles on them and show VERY little wear.

If you need a city/commuting tire, these are for you. They grip well, roll nice, and the reflecive sidewall is a plus.

OEM Weirwolfs. These are my first slick/road tire

[Dec 13, 2007]
Todd Waddell

OVERALL
Strength:

Reflective strip works great. Seems to wear slowly.

Tread design seems to pick up every single bit of gravel, glass and other debris in the state, and most of the debris from neighboring states.

Also, a very heavy tire, noticeably slower than the tires they replaced.

In corners, the tires seem squirmy. Certainly not confidence inspiring.

I bought these tires because of their proported wet weather handling and puncture resistance. Honestly, their handling in the wet seems no better or worse than average.

And saying these tires are puncture resistant is just ridiculous. The tread design might work well on European MUPs that are clean and free from debris and gravel. But on US road those treads pick up every stone and piece of glass around. The tread design holds the debris in place so that it can slowly work through the tire and puncture the tube. I've had four flats on these things in about 1,000 miles.

At this point, I'm simply waiting trying to wring my money out of them and looking for an excuse to swap them out for anything else.

Continental Gatorback.

[Oct 17, 2007]
Glenn

OVERALL
Strength:

Cheap tires for commuting. Have puncture liners built in.

Picked up every tiny stone possible between home and work. Rear tire blew out after 5 months approximately 800 miles. Shouldn't they last longer than that?

I won't buy these tires again.

Kenda Kwest.

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.