Michelin All Mountain Tire

Lightweight and fast, the new All Mountain incorporates Michelin Dual Compound technology. Suitable for cross-country racing or riding, the All Mountain offers the expert rider exceptional grip and performance on technical trails and helps you get the most from high-end suspension, brakes and wheels.

• Highly resistant
  • Dual Compound technology

[Mar 04, 2014]
Br80
All Mountain Rider

Appearance

Everything else

These tires are very pretty on the outside, and claim to be durable. Don't be fooled. Like several of the others who reviewed this product, mine proved to be useless after only two rides. The side knobs have turned into little flaps that seve only to help wash you out in high speed turns. If you like wasting money, go ahead and buy these piles. I purchased them only in desperation as I was late for a ride and my regular LBS was not yet open. They appeared to have been on the shelf for a while, but they had no alternatives.

[Oct 17, 2008]
Anonymous
Downhiller

OVERALL
Strength:

sticks like velcro, lightweight, mounted OK

knobs tears off!!!

I'm trying to send these back as I'll have no knobs with one more ride, only one ride so far and I'd say 1/3 are torn!!!
They felt really great in turns and uphill though.
I hope I got bad batch cause I was really loving them till I realized all the torn knobs.
Very perdictable in corner's, they stuck like velco! The round profile was very nice.

I can only give one chili because they're falling apart atfer one ride and need to be warrantied.

Spec, Kenda, WTB

[Oct 09, 2008]
fhansson

OVERALL
Strength:

Good grip on rocks and dirt!

Wear out fast on road-use. Not the fastest tire.

This tire works very good on rocks and also in wet conditions due it's soft rubber. In deep mud it is not the best tire but the grip is good anyway. On road it is totally useless, vibrates and wear out very fast. This tire is perfect for technical mountain terrain, nothing else!

[May 20, 2008]
Ryan

OVERALL
Strength:

Cheap as hell, definitely wider than 2.2, climbs great, great through technical sections

sidewalls are a bit weak, but nothing too crazy

This tire is awesome for an all mountain set up, highly recommend it to anyone, especially with the price so cheap, 30 bucks for a a complete set, you cant beat that. I dont experience any tire slip while climbing and they work great over technical sections. Ive gotten three flats though all on the rear tire. Two of them were on descents going around a corner, but for a tire thats used more than 3 times a week over a 6 month interval, id say 3 flats is pretty much nothing

panaracer, wtb, bontrager

[Sep 14, 2007]
Bryan

OVERALL
Strength:

Nice looking tire, grips well, sheds mud, and cuts through slop

A bit pricy, a little tougher to get on the rim than other tires I've changed, but that's a very small sacrifice.

Not the cheapest tire, but I can't complain about the performance. I rode a race last weekend where we got almost 5" of rain the night before, and these tires didn't let me down. They shed mud well, they cut through the slop, I can't find a reason to complain about them. I've put about 60 miles on them in the first month and haven't experienced any of the issues that others here have complained about - all the knobs are intact, sidewalls are holding up just fine, and it's not like I haven't punished them.

Bontrager crap

[Apr 01, 2007]
john

OVERALL
Strength:

wide, has a nice tread and shape, holds in the wet and muddy.

a little heavy

i do not know why people bad mouth the michelins. great rubber at a great buy.

lotsa michelins, some ritchey, kenda...

[Jun 05, 2006]
Harley

OVERALL
Strength:

Low roll resistance for a 2.2, good overall traction and braking (sand, hard-pack, loose rock).

Sidewalls are weak, multiple flats even with Stans. Knobs are soft and they tear on rocky climbs

Going to try something else before buying another set due to sidewall flats.

None first, but will switch to Weir Wolfs (UST)

[May 14, 2006]
George

OVERALL
Strength:

I was surprised how fast they roll for a big block tire.They also look like they are going to last for a long time.I feel they really are a good All Mountain tire choice as I have not found them to be lacking for any normal riding.They roll well,climb well,stop well and corner well.

Extremes such as snow,mud you would pick a different tire.

If you like to ride up,down,left and right this tire is for you.It's good at everything.Now there are better specific tires out there for each extreme.But All Mountain riding is about doing everything well not "the best".
As the name says All Mountain.If that's you get this tire.

Lot's

[May 11, 2007]
Paul Watson

OVERALL
Strength:

Light weight tire with good corner grip when used on a wide rim.

These tires are not very durable. Knobs were tearing off on my 2nd ride with them and my tire on the rear was sliced clean open on a rocky trail.

If you are looking for a lightweight do-it-all tire and dont mind tires that dont last well then these are well worth a look. However, the sidewalls are a little vulnerable on rocky stuff.

High rollers, specialized enduro tires, panaracer fire XC.

[Nov 13, 2007]
Andy

OVERALL
Strength:

This tire has a lot of volume for a 2.2 and is cheap.

First of all, its fairly heavy, it wears very quickly on pavement, and cornering leaves much to be desired.

This tire is big and cheap. I have yet to try it in mud or snow. I'm always hopeful that this tire will start performing in these conditions. Hopefully by the time it snows, it won't have worn out completely. I ride my bike to classes, and the pavement really beats this tire up. After a few rides, knobs started tearing. Traction is ok at low pressures, but cornering still sucks. Whatever you do, don't pay much more than $15 for this tire.

Specialized, Bontrager, Panaracer...

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.