Maxxis MaxxLite 310 Tire

Available At

Maxxis Maxxlite-310 Kevlar XC Race Tire: Incredibly lightweight hardpack XC racing tire for front or rear. Ramped low profile tread, 120 tpi casing. 61a durometer: grippy, yet fast rolling compound.

[Dec 10, 2014]
Giant_Geek

OVERALL
Strength:

Very light tire, I can promise it. Rolling very fast and very low resistance. U can expect of speed maintaining 25kmph in very long ride (60km to 80km) with less effort. I don't have any problem cycling on the wet road surface, good braking. Help me a lot in road race.

Less confident with cornering, totally lost grip on beach sand (as I live at the beachside).

I hope I can use this tires when entering any off road event. But with some advise from my friend, they said that I should think it twice. But I cant just turn to any tires when use it on road.

[Aug 25, 2010]
satanas

OVERALL
Strength:

Very light and fast, surprisingly good traction. Had no problems with cornering grip, but only wet conditions were on bitumen.

Terribly easy to pinch flat. Do NOT use these with Supersonic tubes or similar and a loose-ish fitting rim. With a tighter-fitting rim - or preferably tubeless - they'd be much, much better.

Great as a rear racing tyre in dry conditions, used tubeless. To be avoided like the plague if there are thorns; DO NOT take these tyres to northern Ladakh(!) as too many thorns, or to Himachal Pradesh, as too rocky. (I am not allowed to say th0rny as this is assumed to be profanity as the word contains h0rny - only in America!)

Definitely not an all around tyre, but great when conditions suit them.

various

[May 22, 2010]
TopFuelAdam

OVERALL
Strength:

FAST!! Climbs really well. Lots of rear wheel acceleration traction

Rear wheel braking

This tire is exactly what it supposed to be, a race tire. It corners suprisingly well, not as good as my Karma's but that is expected. It is so fast uphill it is almost funny!

THe only bad thing is that when things go bad...they go bad FAST. THere is almost no time to save yourself, if you are racing this tire, you will crash more. That said it is still a massive advantage on almost any dry course. I will be buying these again.

Kenda Small block 8

[Mar 15, 2010]
jsassenberger

OVERALL
Strength:

Super Lite

Mounting with Stans Sealant was tricky, but can be done.

Tire is made for speed, not much tread here...
I raced tire on the Snake Gap Creek time trial and put up my best time ever. I run with Stans sealant, which is highly recommended in my opinion due to how thin this tire is. I am 140lbs. My buddy ran this tire also and flatted with Stans, but he is 190lbs.
This tire says Race Use only, and there is a reason for this.. tire tread will not be around long and you don't start with much.

[Jun 28, 2009]
Tanjung_boy

OVERALL
Strength:

Lightning speed. Good grip on concrete trail and dry hard pack. Love these tires during dry season. My ride is much more enjoyable now since i don't have to sweat so much.

Needs low pressure to handle wetter condition but that will increase puncture incidents. This tyre could also Doesn't work in Penang's wet, mossy and muddy trail. Blow up if the pressure is too high. That happened to me today. The massive explosion crack my crossmax xl rim as well. Damn. I truly enjoy this tyre until today.

Don't pump too much pressure and use it in the dry. You probably do not want to go back to other stuff, unless technically needed. Overall would have been outstanding if it didn't blow up.

[Apr 01, 2009]
stepenliem

OVERALL
Strength:

Fast, fast, fast!

Sink and slide in sands

I have just finished my second XC trips (total 40 miles) using this tire (front and back). I used Maxxis Advantage before, and the difference with this is night and day. On a paved road I was able to increase the speed by 25% easy. On a uphill, and flat trails (mostly fire road, hard packed clay, gravels), the speed increase is very noticable. This tire is fast and I will never go back to anything else. I dont see any issue going downhill. But I did slide and sink in an area where heavy sand is present. I read in this review that there are issue with this tire due to its being very thin (yes, it is as thin as paper), so what I did is to install a tube that has Green Slime product in it. I will report back when I have done more trips on this tire. I am planning to use this tire all summer season before rain comes. Highly recommended for racing, but I love it for non racing too. I am interestd to know if there are other tires like this that are better or comparable to it.

Maxxis Advantage

[Nov 19, 2008]
Zachariah

OVERALL
Strength:

Extremely light, blindingly fast, decent grip, climbs with minimal pedal effort, whisper-quiet on pavement.

Price. One of the most expensive minimalist bike tires around. Only the new Maxxis Maxxlite 285g costs more($200/pair). Avoid moisture at all costs.

This is THE TIRE that made Geoff Kabush an XC/Marathon champion. Rolls fast as a road slick, due to the thin tread footprint. The tightly-spaced center knobs are almost in continuous arrangement, allowing for blazing speed, on any terrain. The hard 70a durometer, 120tpi casing makes for a durable tire, as long as you carefully watch what you ride over. Seals up easily when running tubeless, and effectively removed ONE FULL POUND of rotating weight.

However, this tire is NOT for everyone. Rider finesse and trail handling skills are absolutely necessary, to make these tires really work. With rider skill and endurance, they grip and climb uphill, like a billy goat on crack. They corner good as long as you KNOW the adhesion limits of this featherweight tire, under loads. On dry hardpack conditions, with low pressure- this tire wins supreme....hands-down. On the road with higher pressure- this tire feels like a cyclocross/triathlon tire, and can effortlessly maintain 25mph on the straights.

I have ridden many sub-400 gram mtb tires, and the Maxxlite 310s are clearly my favorite, due to high speed capability, lightness, and nominal grip. I am not crazy about the cost of such a small tire(1.67" wide casing), but if you race, and want to shave valuable seconds off your finish times......this tire will certainly do it for you.

Bottom line, if you want to WIN RACES.....this tire is worth the high investment!

Kenda Klimax Lite 345g, Schwalbe Fast Fred 370g, Continental Twister Supersonic 360g

[Nov 18, 2006]
Adrian

OVERALL
Strength:

Weight

Small knobs, low tread profile

I have to say that these tires will increase your speed by reducing rolling resistance. As the manufacter suggests these tires are not made for all terrain riders. They are definitely made for one purpose - speed. Of course, this comes at a price... stability. If you are accustomed to using tires larger than 2.10 then this will require you to re-learn how you ride. I bought these tires because i will be XC racing. In wet conditions this tire does not hold well...but what tire does? It is important to also note that this tire has to have a higher pressure setting than normal XC tires. Setting these tires too low will cause tire pinch to occur more often. In rocky conditions this tire did fair...considering that these tires are meant for packed terrain. Bottom line if you plan to race and would like to increase your speed capabilities - i would recommend this tire. Disclaimer: you will have to re-adjust yourself to these tires due to thier smaller tread and thinner side walls - the tires can be hard to control at times - especially going down hill.

[Apr 07, 2007]
Brian Beattie

OVERALL
Strength:

light weight, low rolling resistance

cornering

I ride thes tubeless with Stan's. These are lightening fast and grip great in the rear. Watch the cornering. They do wash out on the front. They have a best pressure which can be hard to find and are scary on wet grass for cornering. Definitely a specialty tire and as advertised not great corning but man are they fast! I plan on trying them in the back and a Kenda Small Block 8 in front.

Conti Explorer

[Apr 06, 2007]
Mad Maxx

OVERALL
Strength:

Weight...310 grams! cool design

none so far

It is like riding a road bike during the first few ride. My average speed really increased compare to my old tires. Excellent on uphill travel, very soft to pedal.

Kenda Kozmik lite

• Available At

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.