Maxxis High Roller II Tire

Available At
Available At

The open and aggressive tread design gives the High Roller II excellent soil penetration and mud clearing ability. A square profile provides a solid, consistent feel across the knobs. Modified knobs on the shoulder and center improve braking performance and traction on hard surfaces. When gravity pulls you downhill, rely on the High Roller II to keep you upright.

[Apr 05, 2016]
James turner

OVERALL
Strength:

Fairly good grip on stone

Wear far too quickly compared to other similar tyres

I have the cheapest version but they still cost over £60. As soon as they see tarmac they wear down. My vigilante on the front is more taccy and grips better but hasn't shown any signs of wear. I have 3 high roller 2s and all have pieces of grip missing which is either just from rocks or from a bit of road use in between trails. Won't buy again my mates Hans look decent or even some more wtbs

Wtb vigilante and cheap mountain king conti

[Nov 22, 2015]
Minisushi1212

OVERALL
Strength:

This is one of the best back tires that I have tried out. It has amazing grip and traction, it does not wear easily (Depending on where you are), it looks nice, and it can run tubeless.

It is pricey and does not work out good as a front tire. It does not have good durability if you are spending the whole day at whistler bike park.

This is a good tire for XC, enduro, and regular trail riding. Great tire overall except for the price.

Maxxis Ikon, Highroller 2, Ardent, Continental X-King, Baron, Maxxis Minion DH, Panaracer Fire 2.4 and WTB Velociraptor and Bronson.

[Jul 08, 2015]
targnik

OVERALL
Strength:

...
Great AM tire>>>
*Good mud clearing
*Great grip
*EXO casing
*Hard wearing i.e. very durable
*Looks awesome!!
*Run up front or out back

*A little slow rolling out back when on hardpack/fireroads

A really good option for front or back (depending on what you pair it with).
Gobs of traction on offer, which unfortunately make it a little slower rolling on the flat.
Took me a while to warm to the HRII, but now I keep it out back for my general riding and if I'm looking for speed I'll pop it up front with an AR out back. Have had it for a couple of months now and it looks like it'll wear well.
Best tire I've used at self cleaning. AM = HRII

[Apr 20, 2015]
Gln

OVERALL
Strength:

You have a lot of traction in mud and they stop you fast.I was amazed how much more traction I have with these tires compared to my old cross country tires.

The don't roll very good on hard surfaces and rocks and sand are eating them away fast

Great for the price and I would buy them again

[Aug 31, 2014]
andrew j

OVERALL
Strength:

traction, traction, traction!!!! rolls well too. and it's has nice volume

none?

rails corners giving the rider TONS OF CONFIDENCE!!! Not a bad rolling tire either given the knobs. I have the 2.3 TR dual ply version. sealed right up with Stan's and a floor pump.

Nobby Nic, Wild Grip'r 2

[Jan 15, 2014]
Pontius_Pirate

OVERALL
Strength:

traction in loose over hardpack conditions, sidewall durability

weight, rolling resistance

currently my fave front tire for the desert sw for general trail riding. the 29x2.35 is a huge knobby beast. it feels a hair heavier and slower than the ardent in 2.4 i had last. but the improvement in traction is well worth any tradeoff in weight. not to mention this tire holds up well to abrasion from basalt and granite. curremtly rolling tubeless on stans arch ex with no issue. will buy again.

maxxis minion, ardent, higj roller one, conti trail and mtn kings

[Oct 20, 2013]
TJ

OVERALL
Strength:

They bite like a bulldog in the corners, stopping power is great and roll faster than my old Kenda 2.35's and Hans Dampfs (the worst tires I have ever had on my bike by the way). The climb well and the sidewalls seem strong, they also look good on the bike! I have hammered my current set and they are wearing very well. Still playing with tire pressure.

Perhaps a bit heavy (but they still roll really well for such an agressive tire) and expensive, but I don't mind paying for a good product.

I really really like this tire and after five months of complete frustration with the Schwalbe's I couldn't be happier. The best All-Mountain tire I have ever had on my bike. Still learning to take advantage of these tires on the trail and playing around with the PSI. My next tires will be High Roller II's.... Again:)

Kenda 2.35 (2 types - cut and un-cut), Hans Dampf 2.35 (NOT GOOD), Specialized (2 types)

[Aug 18, 2013]
Lando

OVERALL
Strength:

Grip. Up and, obviously down. You can lean hard with confidence that the tread will grab on almost any surface.

I wish they weren't nearly $100, but for what you get, it's worth it.

I ride faster and more confidently than ever. You can absolutely burl over anything in your path. Throw the High Roller 2 at anything and you'll stick. I've read that it was designed to excel in loamy, wet dirt, but I ride Western Montana moon dust and hard pack and the tire sticks to everything. I run HR2 in the front and the Maxxis Ardent in the rear, and the combo seems pretty well suited for hauling ass up and down trails in all conditions. If I rode gnarlier all mountain terrain more often I'd probably run a HR2 in the back as well.

[Sep 20, 2011]
Tengster75

OVERALL
Strength:

Good thread in the center for XC and great cornering ability. Have not lost control in a corner yet. (I am sure it will happen sooner or later)

Would be nice if it rolls better on hard packed dirt.

Great tire for the price, I would purchase another after this one wears out. Coming from Nevagal, I think its just as good if not better. Especially for So-Cal riding style.

Kenda Nevagal