Mavic Crossmax Charge Tire

The Mavic Crossmax Charge Mountain Bike Tire is the front wheel specific tyre for enduro racing, offering excellent grip and control. Aggressive design for excellent braking and cornering. SCC rubber for tremendous grip and Guard? construction to ride at

[Sep 28, 2014]
firevsh2o
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

This tire has great grip! From loose rocks to wet roots it works very well. I ride it with 1,5 bar (at 92kg rider weight) and it offers great control everywhere. I did not flat it to date.

This the weakest tubeless tire to get airtight I ever used and I use tubeless for more than 10 years now! The tire is mounted to a Crossmax SX wheelset so I thought that the two parts from the same manufacturer should work perfectly together. They don't! I mounted all the UST or tubeless ready tires in the past with my hand pump. From Michelin C16, Maxxis Minion, many different Schwalbes, Bontragers and so on. They all mounted with my Park Tool hand pump. One was harder than the other, but this is the first, that did not work this way. Shame on you Mavic!

The tire purps also easyer than Schwalbe tires and loses more air over time.

Mavic should work on its quality control! A tire from the inventor of the UST-tubeless system should not be so weak to mount and to get airtight!

The ride, grip, and endurance are great on the other hand. So not a really bad tire, and I like to ride it, but it needs more Stan's than others to stay inflated and it purps sometimes when I ride sharp turns with all my weight on the front tire.

Schwalbe Hans Dampf, Fat Albert, Magic Mary SG, Minion DHR+DHF UST (and non UST ghetto Tubeless), Michelin C16, ...

[May 02, 2014]
Trudeez_skis
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Great great great grip. Corners like a champ on the trails around Reno. From hard pack, rocky hard pack, loose over hard and loose condition. Awesome cornering so far. Grips better than any cx or trail tire to date. Never ridden a hd tire so can't comment there but two friends also on them have ridden dhf and high roller and say its on par with them. Rolls well for a tire this big and nobby. Pretty inexpensive. Got it at lbs for $52. The new wtb vigilante was $65. And then all the geax, conti and schwalbe were $70+ could not be happier. Mounted up super easy on xtr trail ust.

Seeps air a bit. Compound seems quite soft, although it's not showing much wear after six rides in above mentioned conditions. Will post up later regarding wear after a dozen or so rides.

My favorite tire to date. I've ridden Arden's, nevegals and small blocks, weirwolfs, ground controls, psycho genius. This tire outdoes them all. Incredibly happy with the purchase! Great for trail riders or enduro racers.

Nevegal, small block eight, ardent, psycho genius, ground control, weirwolfs.

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.