Kenda Slant Six Tire

Kenda John Tomac Signature Series Slant Six Tire. One of the winningest XC tread designs out there, the Slant Six is a perfect blend of super grippy tread compound and fast tread pattern. Designed by World Champion John Tomac, the Slant Six would be a wel

[Nov 17, 2016]
Brendan

OVERALL
Strength:

Rolls pretty fast and hard rubber compound can survive rocks.

Hard rubber compound doesn't have a lot of grip. Short knobs don't hook up on a lot. The 2.0 is low volume, so inflated to high enough pressure to avoid flats it's a very harsh ride. It's harsh enough that'll slow you down on roots & small rocks (at least for me riding rigid).

I wasn't a huge fun of these. I swapped them out before they were worn.

[Aug 08, 2013]
Scott

OVERALL
Strength:

Climbing on steep hardpack

Squirrely on downhill

This is a great climbing tire. You can go up a steep hill with little to no slippage!
I use this tire primarily on the back for climbing, and i use a 2.3 WTB timberwolf in front for steering grip and the ability to plow through anything. The slant six is s little squirelly downhill and braking of course isn't the best. Also my treadwear is diminishing quicker than i want.

[May 29, 2013]
babyjames009

Strength:

heavy, slow rolling , cornering, rear tire washes out under breaking to easy .

used as a rear tire .. 26x2.35 .. its heavy and rolls kinda slow ... traction in the corners wasnt very good , washes out .. switched to Cont X King 2.2 RS and its worlds better in the rear .

[Apr 16, 2013]
JHart94949

OVERALL
Strength:

lLittle Resistance

Cornering

This tire roles well, I was a little let down when it came to cornering on loose over hardpack. I had to let a ton of air out to get the cornering I wanted. This tire came on my bike and I might even switch before they are worn out....something I never do...

[Aug 30, 2012]
hurricanejoel

OVERALL
Strength:

Fast rolling.

Cornering, braking, sidewall weakness.

Tried this tire as a slightly more aggressive alternative to the SB8. They roll a little slower, and I find them less inspiring while riding aggressively, much to my surprise. Already showing signs of wear after 3 rides.

SB8, Larsen, Crossmark

[Aug 07, 2012]
ChewynMe

OVERALL
Strength:

Corner Grip (what it is intended for no)

Weight

I refuse to add mus shedding as a weakness because this is not the tire for that. To be honest, this is a SUPER all around tire. I have been riding it up front for a couple of weeks, and I love it.

[Jul 17, 2012]
Jeff Wood

OVERALL
Strength:

Consistent solid traction on the climbs. Great middle ground between the Nevegal and the small block 8.

Doesn't shed mud like the Nevegal

Love this tire. Enables me to increase my speed on the downhills with more control and keep the same level of traction on the climbs as the small block 8.

[May 31, 2012]
flying 1960

OVERALL
Strength:

Grab like crazy, climbed an 8% grade that was all loose sand, no problem. Grips in corners better than my Maxxis Ignitors.
I am riding fully rigid and the 29 x 2.2 just float over everything.

Not the lightest and a bit slow on pavement

Great all around tire for the money

[May 21, 2012]
Koin

OVERALL
Strength:

This review is for the 26X2.1 DTC tires. These tires are awesome! Great traction and decent cornering. Good all around tire. Can handle light mud. Round profile.

I slid out once while cornering pretty fast. Might've been my fault though. Not great in mud, tends to lose traction. After 14 miles and a dozen or so jumps, I found my front tube had a slow leak. I hit plenty of small stumps and sticks between jumps. The jumps were not hard landing though.

These tires are great for the money. I paid $60 for the pair. I was looking at these or Maxxis Ikons which also have good reviews. I settled on these tires for the price. Much less than the price of the Ikons and just as many good reviews. The tread pattern doesn't look too aggressive but the tire is by no means a pavement tire. SOOOOO much better than my previous tires (some Specialized Crossroads - great on pavement and short grass). I give these tires 5 chilis for the value cause they rock. 4 Overall rating since they tend to lose traction in mud. Haven't tried these tires tubeless, but once I can afford a Stans kit I'll give it a shot.

Stock Bontrager tires on Trek HTs

[Feb 22, 2012]
GatorB
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

This is for the 29x2.2 Great Grip, large volume, transitions in corners well

Rolls a little slower than I would like. Not tubeless ready.

I like these tires for everything but soft sand. They grip really well, almost as well as the Nevegal so I run them front and back for XC and swap the front for a Nevegal for more all mountain trails. I did like the Hutch Python on the back better for climbing and RR but the slant six has more volume and corners better. I was surprised how well these griped in the corners at speed with the front at 23 psi and the rear at 30. I weigh 170 lbs. My only complaint is they are not tubeless.

Kenda Nevegal, Hutch python, Pan Rampage

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.