Kenda Nevegal Tire

Best Price At
Available At

The Kenda Nevegal isThe do it all aggressiveTire. WhetherTheTerrain is loose or hard packed,ThisTire performs.The Nevegal has consistently won awards in Mountain Bike Action Magazine. Kenda has released its new aggressive RSR compound.The RSR is Kenda’s “Race Sticky” slow rebound rubber compoundThat provides excellent grip as well as performance. Intended Use: All Mountain Bead: Wire Bead Max PSI: 50 Weight: 26 x 2.5”: 1307 +/- 65 grams

[Dec 02, 2018]
AshevilleMTB

OVERALL
Strength:

Great cornering and grip

Rolling resistance on pavement

Purchased:
New
[Jun 21, 2018]
SamT

OVERALL
Strength:

I have the 2.10 x 26 dual rubber STICK E compound and they are excellent tires. I run them with 3ozs of Stans tubeless latex and they seal up very well. The tire seats effortlessly. Great grip at 30 lbs pressure and no lost knobs- these tires last a long time and work real well on granite surfaces as well as hard pack- for me this is a fast rolling tire and I've ran a lot of Maxxis tires as well as Contis. I believe the weight is around 530 so not a real heavy tire.

These tires can be difficult to find and the price keeps going up when you can find them.

Price Paid:
2017
[Jun 15, 2017]
Chris Pierdominici

OVERALL
Strength:

Climbing and descending

Expect flats on every ride, weak sidewalls. Middling cornering, especially hardpack and loose-over-hard

Stay away from these tires like the plague!

These have to be the absolutely crappiest tires I've ever tried in 30 years of MTB riding, they are laughably deficient for even modest XC or all-mountain riding, particularly in more rugged terrain.

I bought these expecting these would be good tires, but they suck, to be blunt. Riding them front and rear, with tubes as suggested by Kenda, I had flats with my rear tire on every single ride I did with them.

The sidewalls are incredibly weak and collapse in the most modest of rooty and rocky conditions, and forget about riding rock gardens. The best use for these tires would be flat trail conditions. These are so far from a serious riding tire, it's not even funny, especially for a moderately expensive tire.

The tires ascend and descend well, including in wet conditions and roots/rocks. Cornering is decent, but expect washout n hardpack and loose-over-hard.

Panaracer, Continental, Bontrager

[Mar 04, 2016]
Minisushi1212

OVERALL
Strength:

The strengths of this tire are ok. The nubs are good for gripping dirt and it has good control. It is light and does not affect performance.

This tire does not do well on asphalt and concrete. It slips and does not grip very well. When I go into rock gardens, the tires slip off of the rock I am trying to grip on causing me to descend faster and go out of my control. Maxxis tires deliver good control and are very dependable and last way longer than this tire. They cost about the same as a Maxxis Ardent EXO/TR.

I think this tire is pretty decent but could use some updated and better tire compounds. I think that this tire is not really worth the price. I highly suggest that you get a Maxxis Highroller II or a Maxxis Ardent. Continental is another option for their black chili compounds.

Maxxis Ardent, Highroller, Continental X Trail, X King

[Jun 18, 2015]
Kevin Stafford

OVERALL
Strength:

Okay. I was looking to get a more aggressive tire. One dealer pointed me in the direction of the Ardent by Maxxis; a good looking tire with good ratings, however, not as aggressive as I was looking for. He didn't have anything else in stock that would suit my wants. So I check out another shop. There, they had better stock...luck of the draw, I suppose.
The nobs on the Nevegal caught my eye immediately. And the price was better than the Ardents. A quick google...to this site, helped me along on my choice to purchase these tires. I even chose to forgo the option of running a more...roll friendly tire on the rear.
...My bike came with fairly knobby tires, in the first place, so the idea of increased roll resistance didn't concern me.
I'm not afraid of losing some momentum on a level section of the trail, when I know that I can make up for the loss of speed by digging into the corners with greater confidence.
And that's exactly what I got.
On a climb, my grip is better than ever. What's more, I don't need to drop so much in speed when approaching a series of corners, and when I'm leaning hard to the inside, especially when the trail is sloping to the outside, I can feel that the tire's "got this".
I don't do serious gravity type mountain biking, but I can tell you that if you're that rider who seeks out those single track cross country trails...those woodsy back country, up and down, technically difficult geographies, I can't see how this tire could disappoint.
About geography. I live in a city that has a wide range of environments to chose from for your biking needs. I prefer the desert...there, you'll get your hard pack with fine powdery dust, inches thick over top. And you'll see the best sun sets there. However, I'm frequently in the woods where you'll find yourself steaming away up a trail deep and loamy with pine needles.
This tire takes my through it all.

roll resistance.

If you leave the road, get the bloody tires.

[Apr 14, 2015]
Terence

OVERALL
Strength:

The tire is crazy grippy. It is awesome for trails with mud, gravel, snow, ice, you name it. For a dry trail, the ride may even be a little boring because they grip so well that you never really feel in danger of losing control unless things get really sketchy (in which case, no tire is going to save you). They are a real confidence booster, and allow me to corner harder than I ever have with any other tire.

The DTC compound lasts a long time. I have been bombing around on these on my front wheel for over two years and it only looks about half worn (maybe). This is with a combination of street, trail, gravel, dirt, roots and ruts, rocks, etc.during the entire period, on a pretty constant basis (at least 3 times per week except in December - February).

The side knobs allow you to corner well, as they really grab and keep you stable even at levels as high as 45 PSI.

I can always find the tire on sale on Amazon, so I pretty much exclusively buy from there (in Canada the MSRP at a bike shop for one of these is 85 dollars, on Amazon I can get it for 35 dollars).

The tire does drag. A lot. Also it is heavier than most tires you will ever use. This makes the tire a good front wheel tire but a somewhat difficult rear tire, and until recently I have been running it in combination with a slant 6 in the rear. However, once the slant 6 wears down I have found that I literally fishtail non stop with every pedal stroke in the really bad muddy areas. With one of these on the back I don't have that issue. Again, it is really a trade off since I always bike to my bike trail, ride, and bike back (I don't drive my car to the trails ever). The ride there is always a bit of a slog, and so is the ride back. But the ride at the trail? Perfect.

Overall a solid tire that will not break your bank if you are looking in the right places. The dual tread compound really works, and increases the durability of the tire. The tire is able to handle itself well in muddy, sandy, gravel filled nightmare trails, and sheds mud quite well to boot. In addition, the tire performs well in ice and snow (if you are into that kind of thing, which I am). The only real negatives are that it is not a good street tire because of the drag and noisy nature of the beast, and they are pretty noticeably heavy. However, I have not been disappointed with my two purchases yet.

I would recommend this tire for beginners like me, since it inspires confidence in cornering and encourages you to tackle trails no matter how rough of shape they are in, or what time of year.

Schwalbe Rapid Rob, Kenda Small Block Eight, Kenda Slant Six

[Feb 10, 2015]
Vassago6

OVERALL
Strength:

Good looks, decent traction level, low weight in Tubeless 2.1

High rolling resistance

I recently decided to build up a new rig. As part of my all-mountain pursuit I had included the Kenda Nevegal, Folding Tubeless in a 2.1 as my F/R choice. Once built and ready for the initial street spin I could tell right away that there was resistance. So much so that I suspected the brakes to be dragging. I stopped and spun the wheels, they displayed no brake malfunction. Again I pressed on an felt as though I was dragging an anchor around. Made a trip back home and rechecked the brakes and wheels- all was good. Next day, hit the trail. Good and tacky from recent rains, the tires hooked up decent but again... That phantom drag. Did some checking on line and read others report that the level of rolling resistance was high. Swapped the tires for Conti TKs. No more resistance. Weird, kenda needs to revamp this design.

Kenda excavators, Conti Trail Kings,

[Dec 12, 2013]
Leslie Choquette

OVERALL
Strength:

Inexpensive

Heavy and doesn't provide the performance I'm used to.

I ride a Specialized Epic with 26" tires and love the Specialized Captains (2.0s). When I went to replace my worn out Captains this fall I discovered my shop has very few 26" tires in stock. I had a long ride coming up and didn't want to ride it with bald tires so I bought the Kenda Nevegals (2.1s). These tires are not only heavier than the captains, they do not perform anywhere close to as well. I used them for 2 weeks, riding 120 miles, before giving them away to get rid of them. I took several nasty falls that I would never have taken with the Captains. I just couldn't count on them to corner reliably or provide traction where I needed it. My riding style: technical x-country, year round.

[Oct 15, 2013]
Toninorco

OVERALL
Strength:

I guess its so good for wet, strong dirt grounds full of stones, especially for downhill riding because these tires are most strongly that i have ever tried.

So slow rolling on dry grounds, your bike becomes a transformer to some noisy, strong, big, heavy tank.

Good tires for bad weather like winter on ice or snow, on rains, riding in forest and other bad grounds. Do NOT drive around town if you don't want that people look for you to see whose tank attack them.

Schwalbe table top, bontager.

[Oct 12, 2013]
Wil Bloodworth

OVERALL
Strength:

Traction, durability.

Extremely slow rolling

These are excellent tires. Mostly, I ride on intermediate single tracks in North Texas where the terrain is mostly packed dirt with a mixture of roots and rocks now and then. Where I was previously "scared" to go through some sections of trails I now have 100% confidence in riding them as I know these tires will simply not let go of the ground. However, because these tires are designed to grip the ground, they are less than ideal for wide-open, fast tracks. They will drastically wear you out and increase your lap times. I'm currently looking to pair a faster front tire while possibly leaving the Nevegal on the back to reduce lap times.

Yes, I would purchase this tire again.

• Available At

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.