Kenda Komodo Tire

Kenda Komodo Kevlar 26x2.1": All conditions XC tire features fast rolling, low profile square knobs. Multiple tie bars from knob to knob for added casing strength. Non-directional tread for front or rear use. 60 tpi casing.

[Feb 06, 2016]
Miguel

OVERALL
Strength:

all

Very good tire. It has not a wonderfull grip, but I had it more than 2700 km and continue working. Only two punctures. Price: 10 €. I will repeat. Very good purchase.

[Oct 10, 2012]
Jernas

OVERALL
Strength:

Relatively wide for a 2.1 tire, solid grip in dry conditions, very strong tires, well resistant to punctures, quite durable.

Insufficient or even bad grip in mud and gravel, tires are quite heavy.

I've been using these tires for a bit more than one year which accommodates to around 400 km/300 mi. They've served me quite well and I've been relatively happy with them when riding on dry single-tracks. In muddy conditions though everything changed, tires were loosing grip constantly to the point when riding became dangerous. That's when I decided it's time for something new.

Michelin XC tires, other Kenda XC tires and some others.

[Apr 29, 2011]
azonic_alex

OVERALL
Strength:

OK knobbly tread
Very puncture proof in my experience - I rode over smashed beer bottles on the road by accident several times and they carried on going unaffected!
Wear life was quite good - around 900-1000 miles on the rear
Made in Taiwan rather than China

Slightly low profile knobbles which can slide around in mud sometimes.

These are good tyres for the price and very puncture proof.
I dont think they sell them aftermarket however but would use them again if they came on another bike.

[Sep 05, 2010]
ajriding

OVERALL
Strength:

Fast rolling, good grip. all arounder.

I run a 2.35 front and rear. I had a Nevegal 2.35 but wanted less rolling resistance. For a 2.35 you automatically have way more grip, so I was more interested in the allarounder. I started to use this tire last fall, fall of 2009, and still have it on the bike (now Sept 2010). I ride this bike primarily, and do road miles on it to get to the trail head. I have not rotated the tires. the rear finally wore out after a year, the front is still good.
I ride this bike hard and the tires are able to be pushed.
They roll over anything and even when the rear tire was worn out it would climb like crazy over anything.
I still have the front tire on and have decided to use the 1-year old 2.35 Komodo for the Pisgah Stage Race. It seems the perfect tire for this area of NC.
The tire has changed names and is no longer the Komodo, but the tread has stayed the same.

Nevegal 2.35

[Aug 16, 2010]
suganumayuuji

OVERALL
Strength:

good in dry conditions, cornering is ok, low rolling resistance

sucky in wet, lasted like 4 months only =.="""

cornering is not that good, dint last long, slippery on roots, skiddy on rocks, it's only good in dry conditions, and I mean it, i took it off road when it is bald , it climbs well in off road, but never attempt to try it wet in bald condition, cause you will really slip off. Overall it's a fair one, use it on XC trail is good, but i don't recommend it, as it wears off quick.

[Apr 07, 2010]
hihi

OVERALL
Strength:

very gripy good in mud good handling light for a 2 or 3 inch tire

great tire good grip

[Nov 17, 2009]
jbx tacos

OVERALL
Strength:

Not too heavy(claimed under 600g), sheds mud well, great in damp soil, decent volume for a 2.1in, rolls fast

horrible in loose over hardpack, front washes out on occasion

I have been using these since early summer and really like them. The tires have good cornering and traction if the soil is moist but when it gets dry and powdery they easily wash out. They are good in deep sand but not so good when there is a little sand over hardpack. Overall they are a good tire but there is definitely better out there.

Fire XC, Weirwolf, Velociraptor, Jones AC

[Jun 07, 2009]
broadwayline

OVERALL
Strength:

Good in mud, deep terrain like freshly groomed trails, damp sinking leaves, stream crossings, tacky surfaces, good rolling resistance on pavement

heavy, poor on hardpack, does not inspire confidence at all, washes out easily and does not grip overly well in climbs, but is not terrible either

This tire is a good 'all around' tire for an average cycler.

I have put around 1100-1200km on these tires over the past 2 seasons and they still have plenty of tread left.

With that said I never had confidence to really drive into corners or lean into them on these tires on hardpack and 90% of the surfaces I ride in Southern Ontario, they are not good on roots, rocks or dry surfaces.

However they do accell in the mud, damp tacky surfaces, anything wet really or 'deep' unfortuniatly this is not what I ride.

They are also quite heavy, but I see they are not that expensive so it is not too bad I guess for their price.

Have since moved onto Hutchinson Air Lights and am VERY impressed with the improvement in handling and weight loss.

many

[Mar 16, 2009]
IMHO

OVERALL
Strength:

Discounted Price, weight, uh, nice looking

Not high performance. Tires costing less outperform.

Thought this would be an upgrade to my Michelin Country Mud so I switched them out. I was wrong. On a technical trail (some dry areas, some wet areas) with climbs, logs, twists and turns, this tire did not grip as well as the Michelin. If you were just putting through a trail and are not worried about speed then this tire would be just fine. Surely also good if you stick to dry hardpack (maybe with some loose cover, ie leaves, pine needles...), but for fast twists, turns and wet roots and logs I would slow down and approach with caution. Not a bad tire by any stretch, there are just better options.

Kenda Klimax Lite, Michelin Country Mud, Maxxis Larsen TT

[Feb 11, 2009]
Interceptor1

OVERALL
Strength:

cheap, good for entry level use

Prone to flats, not good traction in sand or deep dirt, spins on climbs

The tires came stock on my bike. They give good traction on average specially on hard pack, but on loose surfaces like deep dirt (like recently plowed fields) it is a little vague when turning, on sand my bike fishtails a lot and moves sideways I have to be careful with the lean angle and steering input or I risk the front end washing out. I tried deep mud and they did pretty good, the spaced blocks provide good self cleaning when spinning, I could always keep the bike moving forward. I've experienced the rear tire slipping on climbs (my suspension is well setup not bobbing, it is the Giant Maestro 4.2). The most irritating with the tires is that they seems too weak in terms of puncture resistant. I run them at 45psi and never had pinch flats, but needle like punctures from splinters and thorns get into the tire way too easy, I had to repair like 4 flats in 4 rides, either front or rear I always got something and the tire is not worn out to say I was running them like slicks. I'll try switching to Nevegals or something else.

WTB Velociraptors

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.