Kenda Klaw XT Tire

• Aggressive knobby for extreme cross-country and loose-condition riding
  • Optional Kevlar bead for less weight
  • Wide-spaced knobs to clear mud easily
  • Size: 26 x 1.95

• USER REVIEWS

[Oct 03, 2014]
    THE WETTER THE BETTER

OVERALL
    Strength:

affordable, aggressive, and durable. Great on wet or dry, loose or hard packed, confidence inspiring tire

none that I can think of

Have gone through 3 pairs, of these tires. "ALL MOUNTAIN PERFORMER!!!!" Have never gotten a flat, ride over thorn covered black berry branches, roots, rocks, YOU NAME IT. Live in the Northwest, very wet conditions half the year, no slippage, corners and climbs with predictable and consistent traction. If you ride pavement......These are not your tires, noise.vibration, accelerated tire wear...You know, just like a pick up off road tire. Anybody who down rates a MTB tire for flats or on-pavement performance is a fool. It's a "MOUNTAIN" bike tire. JUST REMEBER, TIRES ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT PART ON THE BIKE!!!!!!!

[Oct 27, 2011]
    raverboy
    Downhiller

OVERALL
    Strength:

Great tire in every condition you can throw at it. Never has the bike slid out from under me. Amazing grip traction is good. They take forever to wear down. I put maybe 2,500 miles on these tires and they are still going strong!

Not very good in the snow. Gets real squirrelly in turns hard as hell to keep the bike upright. Had some falls in the snow but no big stuff.

Not a bad tire to utilize in harsh terrains. I highly suggest purchasing this tire.

[May 31, 2011]
    M.C.

OVERALL
    Strength:

inexpensive, good bang for the buck, decent in the mud

Not great in the sand, not great at climbing rooty trails

OK for the money, I guess. I never felt confident riding these tires on the sandy trails we have around here. The bike never seemed to go where I pointed it. These tires also had issues climbing steep rooty trails.

kenda nevigal, bell kevlar mountain bike tires

[May 13, 2011]
    sdmtnguy

OVERALL
    Strength:

grip! it has way more grip than i have climbing ability. rock gardens are no problem and im a beginer. in sand its ok i hate pedaling in sand with it but ive never fell down. can't wait to try them in mud.

i'd buy them again.

[Aug 08, 2010]
    benji123

OVERALL
    Strength:

durability, grip, comfortable ride on rode.

I ran over a sand spur and it sprung a leak.

Its a great tire. It came on my bike about a year ago and has not stopped going strong. it has great grip and has a comfortable ride on the rode as well as on all types of terrain.

[May 16, 2010]
    LENS68

OVERALL
    Strength:

Grip, grip and grip. If you are riding in the North East woods, the norm is to find, a lots of roots, mud, and rain while riding. I had the kenda karmas that came originally with my bike but after sliding 2 times and getting bruises and scratches. May be I was a little bit speedy with I slided, but any way, I decided I needed more grip. I check on the kenda nevegal (too much volume), the specialized capitain (did not convinced me). then I tried these ones. Then I found these ones. Cheap, lots of grip, and they roll aggressively well.

None yet.

If you find it, it is worth and cheap!!

Kenda Nevegal, Specialized Capitan.

[May 05, 2010]
    Ciaran Mauro

OVERALL
    Strength:

Grip, Life, Looks, Size, Durability

Rubber Ages

I got this tire stock on an 05' Diamondback Sorrento. The Rear was long gone by 2 years of use, but the front, oh my god. I took it off easily back in 2006 and then the bike was stolen. I kept the old 2.1 Front tire with me for some reason and after numerous bikes and me getting more and more into biking, I slapped em on an 08' custom Marin DJer as a cheap alternative to buying.

God almighty, they are great! 5 year old tires shouldn't ever be described as that, it's just not right. Yes the rubber is aging but that is to be expected. For easily the first year+ before I was really into MTBing I rode them on road all the time. And now that they're on my park bike, I do again! [instead of trying to road ride a dh bike with the super sticky, super wearing tread] But this tire still can hold its own up on the trails. I recently noticed that the side tread was FINALLY cracking from hard pavement cornering, but that's just fine. Even though Kenda "discontinued" it a few years back, it is still being manufactured wearily under the name Kenda K881 or Klaw XT. So I found a pair and bought them. And am very eager to replace the old and put 2 new Klaw XT 2.1 Fronts on the Marin.

Kenda Telonix, Multiple Maxxis', WTB's, ect.

[May 01, 2010]
    dirtjmper192

OVERALL
    Strength:

good in muddy conditions, over roots, singletrack

lots of flats, i've had these tires for a year and have had 3 flats

all of the flats suck, but overall this is a very good tire

Maxxis Aspen

[Apr 08, 2010]
    Red_Bellied

OVERALL
    Strength:

GRIP, GRIP, GRIP!

I stumbled on this tire @ a donated, used LBS and bought it to replace a Bontrager Jones XR rear (only 1 tire). What a difference! I took it out today for the first time, and it happened to rain mid-through the trail. The rear was already better planted in the dry, but as soon as it started to rain, it grabbed and clawed over roots and rocks, and inspired confidence through slippery rock gardens and climbs the way XR's could only have wet dreams about!

Great tire as a rear. Time will tell if it has the same wear issues as others report.

Bontrager Jones XR & Kenda Nevegal

[Oct 05, 2009]
    pellertpale

OVERALL
    Strength:

Plenty o traction, and the seem pretty sturdy overall.

I guess a lack speed on pavement.

Good enough to stick with for a beginner. Will upgrade to something lighter when needed.

Tioga Comp

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.