Kenda Honey Badger Tire

[Sep 16, 2015]
Tom

OVERALL
Strength:

Cool name, nice tread design.

Too many flats!

These tires came stock on my Raleigh 29er. I was excited, because these tires are supposed to be so good. The rubber must be soft or something, because they pick up the smallest, hair-thin thorns and other debris you can imagine! Plus, the inside of the tire has a funny spot on that the threads are wearing through on, which has put holes in my tubes. You can be riding along, stop for 20 minutes, then have a flat out of nowhere. These tires may be alright if you ride on a groomed dirt trail, but not if you go anywhere off of the trail.

WTB, CST

[May 28, 2014]
UpSideDownBiker

OVERALL
Strength:

The name.

Not great in softer corners. Tire casing is not very flexible. Tire weight seems high. 755 grams.

I was really excited to get a set of these tires, the shape and the knob profile are exactly what I was looking for. Unfortunately that is where the excitement stopped. Tried them on three different rides. Each time they just wanted to push out on every corner. I went back to my old standby and no problems. I tried different PSI with a tubeless set up and nothing seemed to to work well for me. I will try them later in the summer when the trials are rock hard. The tire casing seems really stiff. Which I'm sure in a rocky'er area that may be great to avoid cuts. But the upper Midwest it just becomes a heavy unresponsive tire. I'm sad that the Honey Badger don't corner for S....

Ritchey z-max, Schwalbe Rons, Maxxiss Ardents

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.