Intense Edge Tire

The Edge features a veryaggressiveTread pattern with knobs in variousshapesThat adaptTo a wide range of conditions. It is an extremelyversatileTyre suitable for all mountain use, free ride, or downhill.Its’ramped leading edges offer very low rolling resistance whileThe squaredand angled knobs cut intoTheTrail for maximum grip. folding bead 873 grams* (2.35, dual compound, single ply) 936 grams* (2.5, dual compound, single ply) 965 grams* (2.35, dual compound, double ply) 10

[Mar 02, 2012]
HeadFirst!

OVERALL
Strength:

Excellent rear grip on climbs and for breaking, haven't broken it loose in a turn yet. I'll list this as a strength, but as 2.35" tires go..:this one feels like 2.5"! Great sidewalls, excellent volume, really forgiving on jumps. Sealed up perfectly with Stan's on a tubeless red metal 1 rim.

Heavy. Laugh if you will, but I've used this tire on a cross country rig before...probably 200 or more grams heavier than any other tire I've run at the single ply weight. You really have to watch your tire clearance on smaller bikes, mine
rubbed on the front derailer cage when I got down to granny gear on a triple crank.

This tire never failed to hook up on the rear. I know it's a little silly, but I was trying to make my old cross country setup a little too all mountain. I could definitely feel the weight of this tire when pedaling. Once up to speed, the tire ripped right along.

All sorts, I'm a bit of a tire freak.

[Aug 23, 2008]
Frederic
Downhiller

OVERALL
Strength:

Grippy grippy grippy
Flat proof

Weight
Durability

I have the FRO version (sticky rubber). Awesome grip!!!Never ridden something comparable.
However, side knobs are ripping off at alarming speed. Expect one per day, at least. It is here that "For Race Only" takes all its sense...
They are quite heavy but mostly unflatable.
It's a shame that they do not make it wider than 2.35''.

Cannot give a great rating since they disintegrate so fast and are "expensive", unless you find some fabulous deal on ebay (what I did...)

Maxxis minion, Nokian nbx, specialized pro, intense world cup

[Jun 08, 2006]
John Podlipnik

OVERALL
Strength:

Feel, kinda edgy...

weight

I little heavy but I like these tires. They have not put me down yet. Seem to be holding up well.

909, maxis mobster and others...

[Apr 26, 2005]
bigheaddoug
Downhiller

OVERALL
Strength:

Heavy duty sidewalls
fast roller

none so far

Early review for this tire. Used it for a trail that ranges from uber-steep and rocky to flowy, rooty and soft. Hooked up big time under all conditions, no slipping on the roots, stick on the rocks and didn't pick up alot of crap in the wet. Just might become a favorite. Was running around 20 psi front and back but with the stiff sidewall it didn't get squirmy. It is also the EX model which has a 60 duro and more durable than the FRO. I can't wait to ride the FRO version and see how sticky that one is. It only comes in a 2.35 size, but for me thats a perfect size for racing.

Michelins, Maxxis, tioga

[Jul 29, 2003]
Jake May

OVERALL
Strength:

Rolls good with low resistance and hooks up nice in the corners.

Great rear tire for down hill very strong yet flexable rubber,hooks up very nice in turns made for damp conditions but works excelent in dry conditions as well.

IRC Kujo DH

[May 28, 2004]
brandon

OVERALL
Strength:

hooks up well in turns, good sized volume

Prior to this tire I was using a WTB weirwolf and was washing out through dry hardpack and loose turns. Since using the Intese tire this problem has ceased. I've yet to get this tire to break out of turns. It's been ridden only on dry terrain. I'm very impressed with the performance of this tire. No complaints.

WTB weirwolf

[Jul 01, 2004]
WuJJ

OVERALL
Strength:

Tons of traction, great on rocks and roots
no pinch flats even at 20psi

Heavy
doesn't last at all, knobs peel off after 5 DH runs!
Poor customer service

I put a brand new Edge FRO on my bike for a race weekend. I did 3 practice runs on Saturday and 2 runs on race day. After 5 total DH runs, more than a dozen of the side knobs were peeling off the casing.

I emailed Intense Tires to see if they could replace this tire. The center knobs looked brand new because I only rode the tire for 5 runs. They said I could send the tire in for evaluation, but mostly likely they can only offer to sell me another at reduced pricing. A $50 tire shouldn't have the knobs peeling off after 10 miles of riding! I wouldn't buy another of these even if they sold it to me for $10.

I sent the tire in 3 weeks ago and never heard back for them.

Maxxis, Panaracer, Michelin

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.