Geax Saguaro Tire

The Saguaro strikes a beautiful balance of versatility and performance. Featuring a patternThat falls nicely betweenThe Mezcal andThe Barro Mountain,The Saguaro rolls fast and bites hard.TheTread pattern makes for predictable cornering on all surfaces andThe connected central knobs make acceleration and speed maintenance nearly effortless. Suited for applications ranging from XC racingTo big-hit slopestyle,The Saguaro isThe perfect do-it-allTire. Claimed 680 grams (2.0 size)

[Apr 02, 2018]
BikeMazzta

OVERALL
Strength:

Good grip, last for long time. Pretty durable.

TNT foldables are almost impossible to mount on the rim, the beads are extremely hard and tight, to the point where it was impossible to put a tube when a rock punctured a hole ona tubeless setup, it broke my 3 tire levers and had to walk all the way home.

Purchased:
New
[May 30, 2015]
Ryan ------
Downhiller

OVERALL
Strength:

Wet, compact dirt with scattered pine needles, excellent grip (on that). On sidewalks they are good, but make a weird screeching noise when slipping. They are super tough, I've slammed them on accident two times. I might've broke the axle and aluminum bike frame, but the tires didn't pop, and I was really surprised. Finally, their grip has not worn down yet, even after two years with them.

Loose gravel, especially uphill, it stinks. Loose dirt too, unless you like drifting. Not very good on rocks.

I've been going 40+ mph downhill and they haven't lost grip yet. But going uphill with these sucks. Drifting? Bad grip is good for that. If you like rocky trails, you might want to look at other tires. Same for uphill riders.

[May 18, 2015]
Nestor

OVERALL
Strength:

Frenado y rodadura

Pesada y al pinchar la grieta se sigue abriendo creando una herida cada ves mas grande. La goma con varios usos de pulveriza

La goma no vale la pena. Rueda bien y frenado en tierra excelente. Pero si siempre estas pinchando y la grieta se hace cada ves mas grande ..... De que sirve???

[May 03, 2015]
David Simons

OVERALL
Strength:

Fast, good grip, comfort

None so far

29x2.0 set up tubeless easily, and like almost every other reviewer says, these tires roll fast. But, don't think that's the only thing they are good for, because they also offer excellent grip, resist punctures, are very weight competitive and offer comfort; maybe its the casing but these tires really take the edge off a rough trail. Not at all muddy where I ride, but otherwise we have everything else, including rocks, roots, hardpack, loam, loose over dry. These tires handle these conditions well. Other recent tires include Nobby Nics and Bontrager XR1, but these Saguaros are better allround. The price is a bonus of course, and if they last a reasonable amount of time then there no doubt I'll replace with the same. Not sure if it means anything, but mine are the new model (?) and they are badged Vittoria and not Geax.

[Jul 22, 2014]
chuyler1
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Fast rolling and lots of climbing grip on hardpack, dry rock, and loose granular. Red walls draw lots of attention!

Cornering grip, braking grip, high speed tracking

I picked up the 29x2.0 tire (non TNT) from Nashbar because they were $20.00/each and had red walls. I figured it would be a fun cruising tire. On the trails of Southern New Hampshire it has strengths and weaknesses. I've been running them with tubes at around 28-32 psi since I weight about 195lbs. The tire is very fast in a straight line and offers tons of grip for accelerating and maintaining speed on flowing single track. I have yet to have the tire slip out under climbing. It does not offer any high speed cornering grip though. They lock up under heavy braking very easily (don't expect the rear brake to slow you down at all), they drift wide on even bermed corners, and they tend to choose their own line through rocky or granular trails. I haven't had a chance to use them in the wet but they do pack up and take a while to clean off when you go through a lingering mud puddle.

To make a long story short, these are great for logging miles on double track and relatively flat single-track. If you enjoy 1,000+ ft of elevation on your rides, you are going to want something that inspires more confidence on your way back down the mountain. Perhaps I should have tried the 2.2 tire instead...only if it came with the red walls :)

Maxxis Ardent 29x2.2, Continental Mountain King II 29x2.2

[Jul 20, 2014]
Hugh

OVERALL
Strength:

Runs qiuetly on paved surfaces

It is a mud magnet. Riding this tire is like running on ice. It offers very little traction.
On a tacky surface, my buddy's Nevagals did not pick up any mud.
My Seguaros packed with mud and then packed my frame with mud.

Sorry I bought this tire.

[Jan 14, 2014]
ignition16

OVERALL
Strength:

Low rolling resistance, last forever, strong sidewalls, great traction on dry hardpack

TNT are hard to mount, not a light tire, packs up quickly in mud, wanders on loose surfaces

Here in West Michigan, this is the standard tire for me and plenty of my friends during the summer on our local trails. They won't win any awards for their weight (especially the TNT version), but the tire makes up for it in low rolling resistance and fantastic grip. The closely-spaced blocks allow for fast rolling and great grip on dry hardpack. I run them both front and back in the traction direction during the warmer months. I have had plenty of difficulty mounting the TNT version on a Bonty Duster and a Velocity Blunt, but the folding version isn't near as bad. This tire is a fantastic value because of both the low price and the fact that they last forever. Tires that have 750 to 1000 miles on them still grip almost as well as new, and appear to have very little wear.

[Nov 24, 2013]
mahuan!

OVERALL
Strength:

Good all-around tread, rolls fairly fast, predictable cornering. Reasonably light. Great customer service.

Bead seating issue.

This tread has been solid for me front and rear on dry, loose conditions, running tubeless on my rigid 29er single speed. It rolls fast, is predictable cornering and has good traction powering up steeps with loose, rocky soil. It's not the lightest race tire out there but the carcass holds good shape cornering.Coming from a 2.35 WTB Weirwolf to a 2.1, I didn't notice a change in comfort and control with the smaller diameter tire. It has been resilient for me over the season and several hundred miles.

The one issue I did have is a tire staying seated on my Stan's Crest rim. I called customer service and talked with Robert. He took the time to discuss the issue with me and sent me a replacement tire. Here's to great customer service.

[Aug 10, 2013]
Stinky

Strength:

Second worst tire in more than two decades of riding - a LOT of riding...

Tread puncture in less then 30 miles on casual single track.

This is for a 2013 TNT Tubeless Ready Saguaro 26x2.0.

I've been mountain biking for 20+ years. I was in Mammoth in the at 80's... I've built more that $50,000 in bikes and logged one hell of a lot of miles. Raced XC to DH...

Tired of running heavy Maxis tires on my XC bikes, so I bought this tire because of its great reviews.

$70+ with tax (no better deal online w/ shipping).

Five minutes into its third ride today, literally less than 30 miles on this tire, while rolling a very mild, slightly rocky singletrack, the tread suffered a fatal 1/4 inch puncture!!

I'm in fit race shape and only 163 lbs, on a perfectly tuned Pivot Mach 4. Pressure was at 34psi, rear. I was NOT bombing DH or traveling at high speed on rocky terrain - just rolling along on the warm-up phase of a chill, low-tech singletrack, and I'll be damned, the friggin rear tire goes limp on me. I'm dumbfounded. Cos me an entire day - 3 hours round trip drive to TH, gas $$$, etc. After puncture, I just could not trust this crappy excuse for a tire on a solo ride into the backcountry. LESS THAN 30 MILES on this thing!!!

The ONLY tire that did me worse in decades was one I paid almost $100 to have imported from Germany years ago that completely lost its sidewall in the first hour of its first ride.

What a piece of crap. This tire is a disgrace. I can't believe so many people recommended it. If you ride where there are rocks, even super mild rounded limestone, DON'T buy this tire!!! You've been warned.

Buff, rockless race course? Perhaps.

Not me, though!

Thousands f dollars worth in tires from 1980's to now. Maxxis, Schwalbe, Kenda, IRC, WTB, Intense, older GEAX, Conti...

[Jun 22, 2013]
Nicklas Larsen

OVERALL
Strength:

Fast rolling, fairly light, can take abuse, loves to be power pedaled

Hard compound makes it a bit sketchy on wet roots and rocks, foldable is crazy hard to get on the rim

Went from a Nevegal to this tire in an attempt to shed a bit of weight and roll faster. It hasn't disappointed. Love this tire. As I'm just getting back into biking after a hiatus since the late 90's I was a bit skeptical when this tire was put before me but I took the advice and purchased it. It was a bugger to get on the rim and after the first couple of rides I was ready to give up on the tire because of how much it slips on wet stuff. After some frustration on a ride with it's slippage I started "angry pedaling" and found this tire's sweet spot. Light mud, roots rocks, hard pack, loose, pavement....this tire just likes to be cranked on. Havent had it break loose when pedaling hard unless it's over wet roots and rocks and lets be honest...which tire doesn't? Great tire, love it.