Geax Blade 200 Tire

• Great all-around front or rear tire.
  • Very predictable on trails with both hard and soft patches.
  • Tall tapered blocks provide great drift control, edging, loose dirt climbing and standing traction
  • Available in tubeless rigid bead version.

Folding 26 x 1.85 590g

• USER REVIEWS

[Jul 11, 2011]
    jmeitzen

OVERALL
    Strength:

best handling tire I've ever used when cornering on loose gravel/dirt.

can't seem to find them anymore

If you can find this tire, I highly recommend it. One direction works better than the other but i can't remember which one it is right now. Sure would like to see the other reviews (30 or so) about this tire so I could find out. For some crazy reason, the link to the reviews doesn't work.

[Sep 14, 2009]
    cyberg101

OVERALL
    Strength:

Traction on muddy and loose conditions...

Little too hard for dry/hard packed ground

Since I live in New England and most of the year it is a little wet, i decided to buy a nobby tire.

Shopping around, I came across the Gear Blare and at $17 bucks it was a no brainer...
    I wasn't hoping much, but after a couple of rides I have to say, Luv these...

Great traction on wet and loose terrain. Not so great on drier days, but it is hard to go a week without rain here, so it works fine for me.

Don't know how long it will last, but the rubber seems to be of good quality...Will see!!!

Would recommend for those who ride in mostly wet.

Michelin, Maxxis, Bontrager, etc...

[Jun 25, 2008]
    cobym2

OVERALL
    Strength:

excellent traction in loose terrain. A very good mud tire.

rolling resistance and hardpack cornering - the tall knobs tend to give a slightly wobbly feel.

I use the blade for muddy days, and muddy days only, as a rear tire. Traction is excellent for loose stuff. My buddies were spinning their tires and stalling on slick muddy uphills after a rain while I just laid down some smooth power and motored through. It vacates mud reasonably well, and being slightly narrow (2.0), gives good clearance for your chain stays. However, thick claylike mud will pack up, as it will on any tire.

On dry loose terrain, like pebbles and gravel, the blade cuts through and finds the hardpack underneath.

On hardpack, the rolling resistance is apparent, and the knobs flex a little giving a not very confident feel when cornering, but this is a special purpose tire, so I wasnt expecting it to do well on hardpack.

All in all, if you see some rain and mud, this tire is definitely an asset.

a lot!

[Apr 03, 2004]
    Steve

OVERALL
    Strength:

Cheap price, Sidewalls contrast with bike nicely, nice tread pattern.

A little on the heavy side, but the bike needs to go on a diet.

They are a good tire. I bought them because the Hutchinsons wore out too fast, and I was sliding through and falling on loose over hardpack corners. They were good tires for 2 weeks... I wanted a replacement tire, and these tires are highly rated. I tried them, and must agree. They are fairly fast rolling, and grip really good on hardpack, and loose sand/debris. Cornering is awesome. I can actually cut a deeper corner with more confidence and no unbalance, slipping, washing out etc. I may have found a new favorite, especially for the price. I like these tires, and so will you.

These tires are good in Georgia clay hardpack.These tires would rock in Vancouver in the dry (haven't tried in wet yet)and in the Don Valley in Toronto.

My old favorite Panaracer Fire XCpro, stock Huthinson Mosqito Airlite, crappy Velociraptors, Bontrager revolts (Goood Tire), and Nokia Spiked Winter Tires.(From when I lived in Canada, Born and raised!!)

[Apr 21, 2007]
    Joe

OVERALL
    Strength:

traction esp. cornering even on loose gravel, best I've ever experienced

Hard to find; discontinued?

To me the most important attribute of tires on my mountain bike are traction, especially in corners. As long as these are mounted in the right direction (they are directional tires), they corner far better than any tires I've ever ridden on, even in loose gravel.

I'm 44 and have been riding a bike since I was 5, so many.

[Apr 07, 2004]
    A. Centurian

OVERALL
    Strength:

The grip in mud, and climb very well in both dry and muddy conditions. Even with dry weather you can get out of saddle on a climb and tire still grabs.
    Teal Green Sides.
    Directionals: Can be turned around for better grip in what ever riding conditons your in.

Teal Green sides some people may not like that. The tires hate pavement and get worn fairly quickly. I don't think they corner real well at high speeds in dry conditions on hard pack. It feels likes the knobby's start to compress or "roll" in the turn:(

They are a great tire for off road use do not use them on the street or they will wear fast. I like them alot for muddy sloppy conditions they grip well and seem to keep clean if you keep pedaling.

They don't seem to corner great at high speeds on hard pack the knobby's are soft and it feels as if they "roll" while in a turn. I have the front tire direction set for hard pack and the rear set for muddy condtions and the front still feels loose on the hard pack. A friends Panaracer Fire X pros seem to corner much better.

If you can find them cheap and you want a good mud tire then pick them up.

Michelins, Ritchey

[Jul 24, 2001]
    mike eckley

OVERALL
    Strength:

looks-feel-unidirectional-soft or hardpack

These tires rule, very predictable, like using the soft or hardpack rotation design, was running front tire at 59psi, lowered it to 50psi no real difference, will try 45psi this weekend. Black sidewall looks real nice up front with the yellow Alligator in back on a yellow M2. Looked at the Continental Vertical Pro but nobody had them instock. 5 flamin cohilo's for these babies!!

specialized

[May 03, 2001]
    Pete

OVERALL
    Strength:

As a front,it corners well and holds on hard pack and gravel. Has low rolling resistance off-road. Fairly light. Cuts through loose stuff.

None so far, but I haven't tried it in truly muddy conditions yet.

Removing the Specialized Team Control comp and replacing it with the Geax Blade improved front end control, especially at higher speeds and under drier conditions. The Blade also seems much faster. It might deserve a five overall, but I don't have enough experience riding it under different conditions to give it such acclaim.

Continental Cross Country, Specialized Team Control Comp

[Oct 08, 1999]
    Alan
    Cross-Country Rider

OVERALL
    Strength:

Great wet weather tire.
    Sheds mud well.
    Grips slimy wet roots and logs fantastically.
    Excellent confidence builder in wet conditions.

Dry performance is soso.
    Narrow profile knifes into dirt and loose stuff, ie does not float over stuff.
    Poor high speed grip.
    Round profile makes steering too fast at high speeds.

My favourite winter tire. In wet muddy rides this tire is fantastic. I have never had the front tire slide out from me on wet slimy muddy roots or logs. Give you confidence in the wet where other tires will leave you scared. I am trying to purchase a 2.25 size Blade tire for the front to see if I can get more float for the technical downhill trails I ride. If you are in the wet season and you like roots and logs and rocks, this is your tire.

Michelin HotS
    Irc Mythos xc
    WTB velociraptors
    Bontrager Jones

[Sep 05, 1999]
    Craig

OVERALL
    Strength:

When there is moisture in the ground
    soft ride

Dry, loose conditions
    NOT an all around tire

It's been raining here in S. Florida since I got this tire which was mounted on the front. It works OK under those conditions, at least as good as other tires I've tried.But we stopped at Santos for a I'm driving that way (quickie) ride. Santos had not been getting the rain like S. FL. Cornering in the sand very difficult. Could not get a read on how the tire would react. It has a very round profile that never seems to bite in the soft conditions. Several climbs I,m used to making weren't made. Bummer.Then changed tires during lunch. Put back on the front a Team Control 2.0 and mounted the Blade on the back (again in the soft direction whatever that means as there is no explaination with the tire and E-mails to the company go unanswered). What an improvement. The Blade grips when driving on any surface, even dry. And, the team control was MUCH better up front. Could pick my lines through sandy turns, wide or tight.As a rear tire 4 chilis, an all purpose front tire 1 chili, front tire for the mud 4 chilis. That averages out to a 3 but I feel a 2 is better as I don't want to have to change tires at every ride.

Team control
    conti pro 1

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.