Continental X-King ProTection Tire

You can have it all! Predictable cornering grip is combined with a fast-rolling tread pattern in Continental?s X-King ProTection tire. Bump absorption

[Apr 29, 2013]
c-dale99
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Rolls well, sets up tubless

Knobs come off after a few rides, and the cheap ass plastic (protection) sidewalls split without warning...buyer beware.
Cost is ridiculous.

Rolls well and that's about it. Conti changed their protection formula...for the worse. It's terrible. Super hard, plastic that is garbage. Knobs fall off, and the plastic cracks. Look elsewhere.

race king, mountain king 1 and 2, trail king, verticals

[Sep 07, 2012]
Billy
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Grip, Cornering, fast-rolling, no pinch flats!

Weight

I have been running this as a rear for a few weeks-I get out for a ride 2-3 times a week for about an hour.

I have been very impressed with this tire. Despite being a bit heavier than what I was running before I put these on they roll nice and easily and grip great on the loose over hardpack of my local Southern California trails.

The protection casing is tough as nails and as a heavier rider I appreciate the resistance to pinch flats this provides. I have taken this thing through some rough stuff and have had no problems.

If you want a durable all-around tire this is a great choice. Might be a little heavy for the XC race crowd.

Kenda Nevegal

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.