Continental Travel Contact 26 Tire

Duraskin provides improved sidewall durability Puncture protection strip molded intoTread Item Specifications Tire Bead Steel ISO Diameter 622 ISO Width 37 mm ColorTread/Side Black/Black TireType Clincher Tire Diameter 700c Tire Use Road Weight 640 g PSI 85 PSI

[Feb 18, 2015]
nico s

OVERALL
Strength:

Price
Long supposed lifetime

Sizes range
Weight

This is a short test report of 28" version ( I tested 1.6 and 2.0).
Compared to my previous equivalent Schwalbes (marathon XR), I expected to have better rolling resistance. The Contis are maybe a little better but not so much. The tread is stiff and needs to have a lot of pressure.

The range of sizes is a little poor, and Contis tire are narrower than expected (2.0 is like a 1.8 or 1.9). Between the 1.6 and 2.0 the gap is great and 1.6 is too thin to be used on a hevay loaded bike on gravel roads : bad traction. SO I really recommend the 2.0.

I had some puncture due to thorns, but it was on a bad trail full of thorns, and without avoiding them. Otherwise the tire seems resistant and equivalent than Schalbes marathon XRs, it is supposed to las 10000km at least on heavy loaded bike.

In conclusion: good tire, equivalent to Schwalbe Marathon XR, good prices, strong. Perfect for touring with heavy bikes. Too much for city/country use: buy a lighter tire.
If you look for something faster some tires are supposed to be better like Topcontact and new Schwalbes but price will be higher.

[Sep 10, 2012]
Frenchfit

OVERALL
Strength:

Roll fast, durable, look MTBish, cornering tread.

Expensive.

Better than I expected, like a MTB tire in the turn and soft stuff, like a Gatorskin on the flats. Still looks like a MTB tire from a distance, but great for the asphalt. About 4 months now, little wear. I guess whether are a good value or not depends on how long they last.

[Sep 08, 2010]
mhmacw
Downhiller

OVERALL
Strength:

Well made and very balanced. 40+mph...No problem!
80 psi means absolutely no sidewall roll.
Phenomenal traction on dry, dusty terrain.
Super fast and tends to train you on your front brake usage.

They can get a bit squirrelly on loose gravel larger than 1 inch. They go right to the bottom of dry sand. Makes you feel like you hit fly paper. Wet sand is like riding on pavement.

I was very skeptical in the beginning. I didn't think in any way a slick would be better than the Panaracers. I was dead wrong! The tour contact(travel contact) is bar none the best tire I've ever had. I've used a dozen different off road tires with differing degrees of aggressiveness and knobby spacing/patterns. Honestly, I can not yet understand why these are such a great tire with as much traction as they have. All I can really say is dont take my word for it. These are great to a point that I'll never be able to explain it. You have to try thenm to believe it.

First Slick I've used. Not, however, the first mtb tire I've used. lol

[Jun 19, 2009]
kind

OVERALL
Strength:

smooth rolling, puncture resistance

heavy, expensive

690g per tire is pretty heavy but at 1.85 and pretty smooth they are great for around town.. Also they have knobs on the outside edge so traction control on like cornering and when sinking in gravel, dirt, beach, whatever the knobs grab and you get traction on a otherwise smooth tire. I use them for 90% road, 10% offroad application.

Kenda's

[Jun 01, 2009]
Anonymous

OVERALL
Strength:

Reasonably lightweight for a highly puncture resistant semi-slick.

Haven't seen any

I've put over 4000 commuter miles on these tires, and I have had very few flats and I see quite a bit of road debris. They still have a lot of life left in them too. I like the high pressure capacity - I run them at 80psi and they do fine (I weigh 210#). these tires are adequately quiet and very stable at high speeds.

Highly recommended!

Kenda Kross Plus

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.