Continental Rubber Queen Tire

Continental Rubber Queen Folding Tire: Continental?s Rubber Queen hooks up in a huge variety of conditions without any frame-clearance issues. Widely spaced, square knobs give you predictable traction as you stuff it into corners...

[Jul 26, 2013]
Trailsnail
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Excellent grip in various terrains

price tag and tire cover seems rather weak (flat due to a thorn twice)

worth the money, the only tire I rode offering comparable grip in various terrains was the Tioga DH. Home terrain is dusty, sandy hardpacked dirt, but even on slippery wet rocks in the alps the tire did an excellent job

[May 06, 2013]
pinkrobe
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

In the 2.4, BIG. In the 2.2, QUITE LARGE. Excellent rim protection, amazing durability and grip in all conditions.

Hefty, but the more I ride, the lighter it gets. Not my favourite front tire.

This is a great, grippy tire. My local conditions are loose over hardpack, with scree and roots. I have also used it in easy-rolling cedar forest, up fire roads, through greasy rock gardens on slippery Wet Coast roots and granite slabs. There's even a few days of lift-accessed riding in there. Control, predictability, grip - these are the main benefits. It rolls fine, even tubeless at low psi. This is not a weight weenie's tire - the 26x2.4 weighs 850g with the Kevlar bead. It's a fun tire. If your legs can generate the power, the tire will get you up just about everything. On the way down, it grips and drifts predictably. The large volume helps prevent rim dings.

I run the non-UST version tubeless [split tube] with Stan's as low as ~18psi [I am 180# + gear]. I tried using it on the front, but it had this tendency to grip loose rock and roll it in a weird way. Whatever, it felt odd. I moved it to the rear wheel and never looked back. ;-)

I have paired it with an Ardent 2.4 in front, and that is a nice combo. The RQ has more climbing traction than the Ardent, IMHO. I am now trying a Conti Baron 2.3 in front to see how it feels. Overall, I feel the RQ is an excellent tire.

Maxxis Ardent 2.4, WTB Stout, Maxxis DHF 2.5 and 2.7, Specialized Cannibal, WTB Velociraptor, Ritchey Z-Max, some other Contis.

[Oct 31, 2012]
Rob Schofield

OVERALL
Strength:

Rubber queen not so good. 2 weeks on normal rough roads the trim bead fractured & tour through side wall causing tube to explode

AS above

I thought it was great but did not stand up to much. I have another tyer of the same type which I will only use it on the front wheel.

[Jun 06, 2011]
Nationals

OVERALL
Strength:

Great cornering and grip in the mud and on soft terrain. Had a Aspen on the front and changed it back to my RubberQueen because of the mud and the performance was awesome.

Need to have it at 40 psi or above other wise they wobble on your rim.

Great Tyre for the mud and soft terrain. Handles like a dream once you get the pressure right.

Aspen, Mountain King, CrossMarx

[Jan 16, 2010]
rzozaya1969

OVERALL
Strength:

Rolls pretty well, nice weight, good traction for the trails I ride on.

I haven't found any yet.

I really like this tires, so far I think they're the ones that I like the most. I liked the Nevegals a lot before the RQ.

Nevegals, Nobby Nic, Fat Albert, Maxxis Advantages, Panaracer Fire XC

[Jun 11, 2009]
Rollin'in'Zona

OVERALL
Strength:

It rolls fast, corners fairly well, and handles itself in a predictable manner.

Perhaps the flimsyest sidewall i've EVER seen.

This tire(RQ 2.4 non-ust) felt FANTASTIC for three rides. It rolls fast, corners well, and handles itself in a nicely predictable manner.

However, on the fourth ride the flimsy sidewall gave way to a 1"/2cm gash while tooling slowly through 3"-4" cobbles. I'm so dissapointed - but not surprised. I almost sent them back when they arrived because I doubted the paper-thin sidewalls. At $75 per tire, this tire cost me $25 per ride. Unfortunately, I bought a set...

Ah, 15 years of tires on 4 different bikes... Maxxis, Kenda, Schwalbe, Intense, Panaracer, IRC...

[Nov 21, 2008]
jgusta

OVERALL
Strength:

Huge, monster volumed, stiff sidewall tire with absolute no sidelug flex allows to run crazy low pressures with excellent pinch flat resistance. Good/great all conditioned tread pattern

Couldn't get to mount tubeless on standard rims with conversion kit like other non-UST tires. Raised my BB height a bit due to being pretty tall. Expensive and overpriced if buying them in the states.

This tire absolutely rocks! Only a couple weeks on it, but got about six good rides in varied terrain from rocks to roots to hardpack to wet to muck. Tire excells in all conditions except for mud and muck. This tire is also huge for its size, even bigger than the Schwalbe BB it replaced with better traction and roll over rocks, roots, wet and hardpack. The only condition I could see the BB to be better would be in the mid/late summer thick dust and crazy loose conditions due to slightly more aggressive tread, but the RQ kills it in everything else.

The ultimate AM/FR tire, good job with this one Conti!

Schwalbe Big Betty, Conti Diesel, WTB Prowlers, Motoraptor, Kenda Neve, BG, Kinetic, Specialized Enduro, Maxxis Highroller

[May 28, 2008]
Steve

OVERALL
Strength:

Tractor-like grip, massive air volume, relatively light, almost impossible to pinch-flat.

the name.

As you can probably tell I have a bit of a tyre fetish, and this is so far the best rear tyre I have used. Will try it on the front in a few weeks to see how it goes there. Even if you have never liked conti tyres before, you'll like this one. Rolls deceptively fast. The bag is huge, bigger than big betty so can run v low pressure (25psi w/ stans conversion) without fear. Traction is outstanding all the way from one gnarly edge to the other. This must be very close to the perfect freeride/AM tyre. Go buy it!

conti gravity/vertical/leader/petrol, Kenda Nevegal, Ritchey z-max, Schwalbe Nobby Nic/Big Betty, Geax Barro Mtn, Maxxis High Roller/Larsen.

[May 28, 2008]
steve

OVERALL
Strength:

see below

see below

forgot to mention, the non-UST version only weighs 850gm; 1050gm is for UST tyre. Maybe an administrator can fix this? The apex sidewall has a thick insert above bead that prevents pinching, and duraskin means no sidewall tears. Will post a follow up later, for now I have to get ready to ride!

see below

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.