Continental Race King Tire

Best Price At

The Continental Race King 26-inch Tire just may be the most-perfectly speed-optimized tire in Continental's lineup. Perhaps that's why its captivated the hearts and minds of everyone from cross country racers to endurance specialists. Part of the secret of the Race King's success lies in its...

[Dec 17, 2013]
steg211

OVERALL
Strength:

Fast rolling. Good traction for such small lugs.

Not durable when ran tubeless.

I really like this tire for the rear. It is not a good choice for tubeless setups. I cut a hole in the tread that wouldn't seal so I had to put a tube back in.
The knobbies are small and offer no corner lugs for steering while leaned over.
Straight line traction and braking was better than expected.
It was predictable while sliding my rear around turns using the rear brake.

[Dec 18, 2012]
morpheus1029
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Rolls fast, lightweight

Not durable at all, and their customer service is horrible. Can't get a warranty claim worth a dam$..

I had about 5 rides on this, the knobs started falling off. Contacted Conti multiple times, and not a single response. Will not be buying conti again.
Racekings aren't the only contis I've had problems with...maybe it's their new protection formula...it's just aweful.

[Jun 25, 2012]
Spokes574

OVERALL
Strength:

Rolls fast. Grips if run low air pressure in back rim 27psi. Wears good. Grips over rocks, roots and dry dusty trails as long as you use low air pressure.

Tire will step out in turns at speeds 22mph or faster.

I purchased this tire as a rear tire for my Pivot 5.7 Carbon 2012 bike due to being light. But this bike begs and allows you to rid very aggressively. So climbing and doing trails at 22mph in turns, the tire steps/slides out. I ended up purchasing a Kendra Navegal 2.3 tubeless for the rear. I already have that tire as a front tire and it rides and grips great. So I took the slightly worn front tire Navegal and put on the rear and put the new Navegal on the front. I can now ride aggressively without fear of back end stepping out in lean turns. I put the Continental Race King 2.2 tubeless on the rear of my wifes bike. She is not riding faster than 22mph in turns so its a great tire for her.

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.