Continental Double Fighter Tire

Continental Sprinter Gatorskin 700x22c tubular tire inherited the best qualities of the highly popular Ultra GatorSkin road tyre, namely the durable carbon black tread mixture, the effective puncture protection breaker layer and the DuraSkin® anti-cu

[May 31, 2018]
Stefan Vis

OVERALL
Strength:

Used this tire for commuting/roadtripping and heavy gravel/offroading with and without luggage on a converted tubeless wheel set. despite deflation due to conversion, this tire performs very well on and offroad on high pressure. so far its my favourite tire for allround heavy useage. i would make a whole range out of this one for the extreme anywhere rider in sizes 33-622/42-622/57622/47-584/50-584 for easy tubeless conversion.

not really suitable for tubeless.

Price Paid:
2017
[Mar 06, 2011]
grga

OVERALL
Strength:

low roling resistance

punctures

i have the II generaton of this tire, and it depreses me, afther 1 month of riding i did souch a cut that i had to buy a new one, i thought this was my fault so i tryed again, until now i had some 20 punctures and the tire is full of recess so i can see the inside tube, my girlfriend has the same tire but generation I and it is excellent she had almost no problems in 5 years and the tire has less wear than my
i had the best will to trust conti but never again will i buy one of there tiers

michelin, kenda

[Jul 01, 2010]
jolocody

OVERALL
Strength:

Excellent cornering traction, Low resistance on paved trails, Comfortable ride.

Found none.

The tread has lasted long enough for the sidewalls to be dry rotting, going on 6 years now and about 3000 miles (have singles also and alternate between bikes). The posted air pressure is 35 - 65. The owner of the bike shop is a former NC tandem race champion and advised me to run 70 psi at all times. He evidently knew what he was talking about. I'm searching the net for an identical set now, which is how I came upon this survey. I like the tires enough to take the time to help somebody else make a wise decision.

Original set of tires that came on the tandem.

[May 30, 2008]
Russell Rutledge

OVERALL
Strength:

Everything!

Everything!

I use these tire for everything. I've raced cross on them, ridden trails, commute to work, etc. and they've never failed. I've got no complaints. They still look like new and I've had them for nearly two years. Highly recommended!

This is the only semi-slick I've tried.

[Jul 18, 2003]
Craig

OVERALL
Strength:

Lightweight, No pinch flats at 30PSI.

Limited traction on rocky or sandy trails found in So Cal.

Fast, excellent tire for the right terrain. Poor performance in sandy rocky trails.

WTB Weirwolf

[May 25, 2003]
chubby bob

OVERALL
Strength:

barely any rolling resistance good on in the saddle climbs
surprisingly good traction fastest tire ive ever used

cornering, stand up climbing snake bites

a great hard pack tire very fastbest tire ive used weak sidewalls good on in the saddle climbs radical looking double colors great tires overall bad on packed corners and loose corners

[Dec 02, 2001]
paul

OVERALL
Strength:

USED TO BE THE BEST

NOW CRAP LIKE ALL THE REST

I had a long time love affair with conti tires but its all over now. I gladly pay more for tires that last my abusive ways. I used contis on my road bike for at least 15 years and have switched to contis on my 3 mountain bikes in the past 5 years. I had nothing but praise for the quality and perfomance of these fine tires. Most of the local hardcores
switched over at my advice as well. However I have gone through more tires in the last month than in my past year.
What come in that familiar yellow box that claims to have contis inside is Thailand made crap, not contis. I got away from that CRAP by spending more on contis years ago. But why should I pay a premium price for crap. If this is the case I'll just buy asian made CRAP at asian made CRAP prices.

JUST ABOUT EVERY THING

[Apr 26, 2007]
Lee

OVERALL
Strength:

Fast, light, just wide enough. (1.9)

Not a lot of flat protection. Really hard to find in kevlar nowadays.

For hard pack like what I ride, these things rock. I would never ride the mountians with them, or if the trail had a lot of gravel, but for hard pack they are super. Just enough side wall grip for flowy corners. They are really hard to find in kevlar which sucks cause these are one of the best tires I have ever used.

No one cares

[Feb 19, 2002]
Andrew

OVERALL
Strength:

I love this tire. It's a great all purpose tire for commuting and then hitting the trails at the end of the day. I use it to go touring and went through a pair crossing the Alps this summer on my IF Delux (Unsupported). Roling resistance is very minimal on the road but gives good grip for all but the worst trail conditions. Like some others have pointed out, this tire is not really for beginers when used on the trail but the experience rider will fly with these.

For me however, I think this is the ULTIMATE DUAL PURPOSE TIRE (on and offroad) and thats how I use it.

Sounds like Conti is making more than tubes in Tiawan. My tires are all German made. If the new ones are now made in the Far East, I would be much more suspect of their quality.

Oh Yeah. Not for beginers!

Perfect On/Off Road tire. Good for commuting and hittin' the trails as well as on/off road touring.

Quality might be suspect if Tires are now made in Tiawan.

5/5 Chilis is only for German made tire.

[Jul 12, 2002]
Mike

OVERALL
Strength:

Fast, suprisingly good traction for a semi-slick, tough

Pretty expensive, $55 was per tire!

I got these tires because I could not find any Bontrager Revolt SS's local and needed some tread for some hard pack riding I was doing over July 4th. I put these one and tried them out. I really liked them! Rode over hardpack, loose dirt, dry creek beds and dry roots. Not a single slip. They are also excellent on pavement and grip like crazy with that center strip. Could be faster if you could pump them above 65 lbs.

Kendras that came on the bike

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.