Continental Diesel Tire

• Puncture-resistant rubber compound

[Apr 08, 2011]
darko

OVERALL
Strength:

price

they do not stick to the ground!!!

this are very bad tires, and that is not just on wet rocks and roots, but on a dry land.... they just dont stick to the ground! front just slips away.

at the back is "moderate"... i like drifting!

none that bad

[Mar 13, 2011]
MartyL76

OVERALL
Strength:

Grips very well, Low rolling resistance for such an aggressive tread,not as heavy as I expected, looks good!

Does not clean itself out easily when in muddy conditions. Although its not as heavy as I expected I wish it were a little lighter but thats like baking my own cake and eating too!

I was weary of buying this tire at first because of some of the bad posts, but I could not pass up a great deal. I had a Kenda Nev 2.5 up front that was starting to come apart all the way around on both sidewalls so I needed a fast replacement on limited funds. This tire has not let me down yet and no flats, I dont understand why some people get excessive flats, maybe too low of psi! This tire is alot faster then the Nev for sure. I would definately buy this tire again and full price. Conditions I ride in have a little of everything except rocks, but plenty of roots,leaves,and pinestraw. The only thing I see that this tire does not do too good is clean itself out when you come out of a mudhole, you really have to crank on it to get the mud to start flying off.

Kenda Nevegals, Continental Verticals, WTB Velociraptors

[Mar 03, 2011]
bigbbs

OVERALL
Strength:

real grippy, good in sand and loose dirt

these tires are warped I messed with them for a couple hours on freshly trued rims and couldn't get the wobble out.

These tires suck! I'll never buy another continental tire period. What's the point in putting them on if they wobble and rub your frame.

maxxis

[Jan 03, 2011]
thinone

OVERALL
Strength:

Nice and supple. Reasonable grip

It flats awfully. It flats so bad it should be illegal! Pinch flats,pinchflats pinchflats!!!!! I was even running HD size specific tubes at 10 bucks a pop, went through 5.

Do not ever use one of these tires unless you do not have rocks or roots or pebbles on your trails. The worst downhill ever made!! Maybe the worst mtb tire ever made!!!

Spec eskar,kenda nevagals,maxxis minions

[Oct 23, 2009]

OVERALL

These are big pigs of a tire but they sure do grip. Rolling restance is high (duh!) but it is a great tire for the rocks logs and roots of the northeast. Compound is just sticky enough. The size is smaller than posted (but Conti is known for that) 2.5 is more like 2.3 but thats OK because I'm running them on my trailbike and I don't want anything that big on her.

[Jul 28, 2009]
Downhiller

OVERALL
Strength:

wery good freeride tire,light,looks nice,works fine on mud.

up hill.

i have used same tires over 5 years and tires worked well.

maxxis tires

[Aug 03, 2008]

OVERALL
Strength:

Looks tough, bargin price

looses traction on gravel over hardpack and hardpack
rubs on the frame when pedaling hard up hill

I have been riding the same trails for 10 years and Mt biking for 15 years. Was looking for a little more traction in the gravel over hardpack and sandy patch in So Cal. Used conti's before with good luck. could not pass up the bargin price.
One my 1st ride, crashed twice. 1st time was a slight corner with speed, the front would not hook up. I slid into the bushes on a slight off camber gravel over hardpack trail, no damage done, must be operator error, I thought. The 2nd time I was slammed to the ground with out warning on a hardpack/rocky with a rut section that has never been a problem, rode it 2 weeks prior (weirwolf lites) with out a thought. Broke a new pair of sunglass and damaged my bike computer and ego. Lucky no damage to my bike, rode rash and bruises will heal. Tires went in to the trash right after I cleaned up and bandaged by cut up knee.

This might be a good tire else where but for So Cal hardpack it ranks up there with the Mythos as the worse tire I have very ridden.

WTB Weirwolf & Weirwolf lite, Vertical pros, Motoraptor, nevegals

[Jul 25, 2008]
b4dboy

OVERALL
Strength:

confidence inspiring, suprisingly light, roll very very well for this width, so much grip!!!

can clog easily in sticky mud

the absolute nuts! i ride this tyre on short blasts on local trails, epic days across the moors, and at trail centres. it is lasting very well, grips and hooks up on anything, rolls very well for a 2.5" freeride tyre and generally will add confidence and improve your riding. i have the folding pro versions which save weight and add pinch protection but i have never punctured with them on, even on dartmoor running 25psi!
I cannot recommend this tyre enough. it is simply brilliant.

panaracer fire fr 2.4

[Jun 25, 2008]
Rextipher

OVERALL
Strength:

Light for 2.5, more like a 2.4, Grippy-I lower the PSI a little(Ok on wider tires), confidence enspiring traction, I run it up front on a 2004 Specialized Enduro Pro(like a long travel XC bike) and the extra grip is great for those banked turns that we all want charge.

The kevlar bead isn't a bargain, but lighter, about 50%lighter than the wirebead version which is a bargain, 50%less at LBS, I would use the wirebead on a dedicated downhiler, reinforced sidewalls n all

I see a lot of uses for beefing up non downhill bikes, Pure downhillers might like it, its says 2.5 but its slightly less, would make great dusty trail downhill tire. I love the lightness,fast roll and wideness that help beef up the front after I've climbed. This with just a little weight penalty.

Maxxis Highroller, Specialized Pin'it

[May 17, 2008]
Anders Cook
Downhiller

OVERALL
Strength:

Rocks, wet roots, mud (i dont know why people are saying there not godd in mud..) looser dirt, and snow!

WET ROADS!! be careful, you'll kill yourself

great tire for the downhiller.. or even a trail rider with the smaller sizes, its a bit on the pricey side but isn't everything in MTB'ing?

Nevagal, panaracer dart, WTB something, highrollers

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.