Continental Der Baron Tire

Best Price At

Last year, Der Baron was rocking DH courses asThe Rain King. However, we quickly realizedThat it was suited for much moreThen justThe wet conditionsThatThe name might have implied. Many foundThe rounded profileTo be particularly good as a frontTire, but purely personal preference. With a fairly-open, symmetrical pattern,TheTire does very well in a wide variety of conditions. Intended use: Mountain Color: BlackTire Diameter: 26”Tire Bead: Folding

[May 02, 2016]
Mat
Downhiller

OVERALL
Strength:

Good for dry conditions.

Terrible for mud. Mud sticks to tyre.

I tested it on both dry conditions and mud. I was very positivly surprised how well it grips on dry conditions. BUT for mud it was terrible. Mud stick to tyre like on glue. Also its too wide for mud.

Schwalbe Magic Mary

[Nov 28, 2013]
Rob-Bob
Downhiller

OVERALL
Strength:

Superb grip in almost all conditions. stiff sidewalls resist pinch flats.

Not the fastest rolling tire

Using this as my front tire paired with a der kaiser on the rear. I am just totally blown away with how much traction you get with this tire on everything from dry hardback, rocks, mud and wet trails. If we have anothervrainy season like we did this past year I will be putting this on my rear wheel as well.

Maxis minions, Muddy Mary's, specialized butchers

[Apr 27, 2013]
Poley

OVERALL
Strength:

If you live in the UK or anywhere damp I imagine, these are outstanding tires. That can be reflected in the price for the black chili version. But grip on rocks, roots, slabs, anything slimy or shiny is unreal. So good that I bought two pairs, one of 2.5 for the DH bike and 2.35 for the enduro machine. They are by far the best tires I have owned for the wet. I love them. I love how they feel and their smell.....sexy.

They can be an obstinate bugger to get on an off a rim, but thats because the black chili miracle compound wants to hug everything.
They also wear faster than others if they are abused. Before you skid or slide, remember its a £50 tire!
A mate has the regular rubber versions, and he thinks they are okay, but not great. Get the black chili.

Great tire for any wet or damp conditions that boosts confidence in roots, off camber sections with its cheeky rubber compound that will hurt in the pocket, but help you have a sweet ride. They are the icing on the cake for me.

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.