Bontrager XR Mud Tire

When mud turns to soup, turn to the XR-Mud with a trimmable, mud-shedding tread pattern that digs deep for impressive grip.

[Feb 17, 2014]
Hardy Giesler

OVERALL
Strength:

I have run Mud X tyres for a number of years, on 26 and 29er wheels. Initially they were tough to fit as tubeless and then seal, but now they slip on easily and seal easily, even without any Stans juice. ON my Epic 29 I run them on American Classic Race wheels and with the wider rim, the profile is more square and provides an even better grip. These are amazing!

A little heavier than the competition at 625 grams (29er)

Superb product. Significantly increases your confidence on the bike in muddy / slippery conditions

[Jul 07, 2012]
KarlP

OVERALL
Strength:

Work great in the mud, snow and roll very well on dry trails. And, they are fairly light.

I haven't found any.

I bought these tires for winter riding in the snow and mud and they grip better than anything else I've ever had (in the slop). They also ride great on dry, dusty summer trails. I have them on my American Classics and they seem to roll very well. I'll get another set when these wear out.

Maxxis Ignitors and Tioga Psycho Genius

[May 17, 2012]
henryk

OVERALL
Strength:

True to size, strong casing in the 1.75, grips in mud but also a great dry trail tire

Hard to set evenly on rim so may not roll perfectly straight.

Had this tire out in the wet trails for the first time today, very impressive bite in slick mud but also on damp sandy areas and across rocks and roots. I dont always ride a smaller tire on the rear but when i do, I will be riding on the mud x!

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.