Bontrager Select Invert Kevlar Tire

• Inverted tread for great traction and a smooth ride
  • Connected center tread minimizes rolling resistance
  • Kevlar belt for extreme puncture resistance
  • Tread design not front or rear specific
  • 66 tpi casing

• USER REVIEWS

[Apr 21, 2018]
    S.Polzak

OVERALL
    Strength:

I for myself found no weakness,only that it was stop being made and am very P'd about it.For I bought it brand new and the shop is or was good should have known it was not being made anymore. For i went back in a few days and was told. That was dirty so I don't have a match up.

Have found none as said for me.

Price Paid:
    high 20's to in 30's
    Purchased:
    New
    [Apr 21, 2012]
    frank walter

OVERALL
    Strength:

that bontrager tire is the best tire i ever had.
    i got 3000 miles on that tire. i hace a bike with a motor on it.
    i need to find 4 moor of thoes tires.my email is [email protected] let me know where i can get them.thanks.

it is a good tire for me

the bontrager tire is a good one for my use

nome

[Jun 29, 2008]
    Swifty

OVERALL
    Strength:

I use them on a 29er bike as hybrid tires. They are quiet, long lasting, dependable, fast rolling, light-weight, great traction for any and all commuter conditions. Great on rainy wet roads (dirt or paved), hard pack trails or semi- loose, grass, light off-road conditions.

I've gotten plenty of flat tires on these, all easily fixable with a fix-a-flat kit. Just got my first pinch flat going up a curb, but I was probably going too fast. However for the most part these tires have been great. And of course, not really for off-road conditions. Use MTB tires for off-road trails.

Have used this tire on my bike, as a rear tire, for over 5 years now. I am just now replacing it due to the sidewalls coming apart. I would recommend this product to anyone who wants a fast rolling, quiet, multipurpose tire for commuter use. I often ride with "roadies" and keep up fine with them even on the longest rides (60+ miles) on these tires and with my mountain bike 29er frame. I can't say enough about these tires!! They are great!! Just got my first pinch flat last week, but what do you want, they are 5 years old and have more than 3000 miles on them. Brand new I have ridden down tons of stairs without ever getting a pinch flat.

Specialized Nimbus EX 700x38c (as front tire). The Nimbus is not grippy enough to use as a rear tire for me.

[Feb 01, 2002]
    Jack

OVERALL
    Strength:

Kevlar belts...no flats. Low rolling resistance. 750 miles and still lots of tread left.

None so far.

750 miles of commuting through gutters and all kinds of road trash and NO FLATS. They roll and they stick in corners.

Numerous mountain bike tires with road tread.

[Jan 20, 2003]
    bobbyboi

OVERALL
    Strength:

Wears well, more flat resistant than non-kevelar version. Handles well in wet/snow

Glass still can find its way thru

Replaced the factory Select Inverts with the Kevlar version on the back wheel. Went 4 months without a flat, then had two within a week. Both, glass shards which cut through. Not "flat proof", but not sure any tire is. I have well over 2500 miles on the tire and it still looks brand new. I ride year round, and while I stay on the road, the roads are wet/snow. Tire handles well in this "stuff"

[Jan 12, 2005]
    Rachel

OVERALL
    Strength:

Very smooth ride

Sidewalls tear quite easily and a small piece of glass will easily put a hole in the tire you can see daylight through. I get a lot of flats. I had 2 just this morning and I am using tire liners. Then too, I ride 50 to 75 mikes a day so I really put the miles on my tires.

I would have to say they have been pretty decent. I have stuck by them since they came new on my bikeIn two years I have gone through 6 tires. I need new ones now and I think I may have to try something different just because of all the flats I get.

[Jul 20, 2003]
    William P

OVERALL
    Strength:

I feel this tire is better both on road, and off road than other "dual purpose" tires I've used. It's tough, rolls good,and sticks in corners. Better traction on hard pack trails than "slick-with sidewall knobs" tires,especially climbing. Leans into corners better on pavement. Rounded tread profile suitable for wide rims (26x2"size tire)

I've found none for it's intended purpose. Tread can fill up in muddy conditions, that's what knobbys are for.

I've ridden these tires fast over sharp 2-3" rocks on a hardtail,floated them across soft sand,climbed packed dirt embankments(4'-5'). They're quiet and smooth on pavement,the tread wraps well around the sidewall so there is no loss of traction when cornering at speed. I bought them to replace knobbies that didn't suit my purpose, but found myself replacing the Hutchinson Acrobats with them too.A good street tire with some offroad ability.No flats with any of the above tires yet.

Hutchinson Acrobat (flat resistant), Bontrager ComfortK (Kevlar belted)

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.