Bontrager FR3 Tire

An all-condition tire for the all-mountain rider that excels through corners while the continuous center rib provides low rolling resistance on climbs.

[Jan 14, 2013]
Christopher

OVERALL
Strength:

Great Traction
Durable

None noted

I've put quite a few miles on these. I currently have them on a Trek 4 Series Hardtail. They've seen many different styles of trails. AZ, OK, AR and even some wet and muddy trails in Germany. I have had ZERO problems with traction, whether its around a tight U turn or on a dry flat rock. I'm rocking the 2.3, so it's definitely chunky but that hasn't stopped me. I've ridden these pretty hard too. I've also used this bike on the pavement to roll to work due to my truck being broken and the high gas prices. I'd even have a little fun drifting the back end around a bit. Bottom line. If you're looking for a mid range tire and your budget is low and you want something for all terrain. Go for this tire.

[Oct 14, 2012]
Jason
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

pavement, tubeless set up

every thing else

The tire set up tubeless first try and held no problem the whole time I used the tire. It's a great intermediate tire for hard pack and pedaling yourself up the road, But, on Arizona trails that are almost always dry, loose, and fairly chunky; these tires suck. Very unpredictable, especially is loose stuff on hard pack and when the trail is a little wet. I wouldn't recommend for very aggressive riding.