Arrow Racing Ramped Bite Tire

The ramped bite has proven itself on courses worldwide as the pinnacle of downhill tread design. Performs excellent on most surfaces with it's ramped center knobs that reduce speed scrub, roll faster and bite like no other.

[Aug 04, 2013]
m-unit

OVERALL
Strength:

strong
great in every conditon

hard to find

the one i used on my bike weigh in around 1600 grams, about 300 more than other advertised weight, i ran with a 26x1.5 tube and NEVER had a pitch flat or flat for that matter. this is my favorite tire, over minions, nevegals, and various other companies/models. my tire lasted a very long time, and i finally took it off the front at about 50 percent tread with multiple weather cracks on it. these were ran with the dhh/dhx rims. i has the slow react model

[Mar 04, 2010]
Todd

OVERALL
Strength:

The most durable tire on the market. I have used Maxxis, Kenda, Schwalbe, Geax, Bontrager, and others. None compare to the Arrow line up of tires. I weigh 180 lbs and have never flatted with these tires and I never run more than 25psi (sometimes down to 15psi.)

Bead lock is hard to seat on some wheels.

Best tire there are! I would recommend them to everyone that rides on two wheels

Kenda, Schwalbe, Geax, Bontrager, and others.

[Aug 08, 2007]
Eli

OVERALL
Strength:

Flat protection, durability of soft compound, fast rolling, cornering and braking traction. I like the different casing options that are available with this tire.

Not the biggest fan of the color scheme

This is the best all around tire made. I race at the pro level and use this tire 90% of the time. It is a very versatile tread design that works well in a number of different conditions from hardpack to loose to light mud. For looser condition I cut out the smallest knob between the center row and cornering knobs for better cornering "bite." I have a hard time flatting these at typical dh pressures. I run between 24-28 psi in the front and 30-36 psi in the rear. The soft, highly durable, rubber compound eliminates the need to run extremely low prssures.

Maxxis, Bontrager, Specialized

[Nov 11, 2006]
RED5

OVERALL
Strength:

This is for the Wide Bite 24 x 30. Although, the tire doesn't actually measure 3.0, it's more of a 2.7.

1) Fast roller. The tread design is awesome for minimizing speed scrub, good job Gus.
2) Tall. This tire is almost as tall as most 26 x 2.5 tires when mounted. (both tires mounted on Sun Singletracks)
3) Beefy sidewall
4) Tacky rubber. Grips awesome on all surfaces, even wet.(I got the soft 47 duro tire)
5) Beadlock is a very cool feature.
6) Tread design provides great traction and braking control. Tire corners awesome.

BWAAAAHAHAHAHA!!! Seriously, I've yet to notice any negatives.

This is the best daamned 24 rear tire I've ever used. After speaking with Gus at Arrow I decided to get a Prime Bite 24x2.75. While I liked the Prime Bites tread, I wasn't happy with it's size(@ 2.5), I wanted a bigger tire. So I decided to give the Wide Bite a shot, same tread design with a much larger profile.

After spending a couple week riding the WB and comparing it to the Nevegal, I can honestly say the WB is a much better tire. It rolls WAY FASTER than the Nev and has awesome bite for braking and cornering. Bottom line, if your running a 24 rear, I highly suggest you give the Wide Bite a much deserved chance. It will be to you benefit for sure, Arrow definitely has the 24 market locked.

Take your pick of 24" tires. Although previously, I've spent the majority of my time on Kenda Nevegals.

[Feb 26, 2007]
Paul

OVERALL
Strength:

Super grippy, leans aggressively, drifts predictably, does not wash out suddenly if you're coming too hot into a turn. super stiff sidewall makes the front end much more stable.

people say it's heavy. if you're looking for weight savings over performance, look elsewhere! this thing is meant to produce a better rider! it wears quickly though!

Best tire i've ever used so far. it's practically a moto tire. very grippy tread. profile isn't as blocky as i thought. haven't used this on the rear tire, probably kicks ass on either end. i've hesitated on these tires for a while, and i think i found the tire i'm going to stay with(along with the Intense EX DC Lites).

I will never give tires a 5 chili value rating, they are all overpriced! but quality wise, Arrow makes the best quality tires i've ever seen or ridden!

Kenda Kolassal 2.6, Intense 909

[Feb 23, 2007]
Glennder

OVERALL
Strength:

Stiff Sidewall, Great grip, Mud shedding, Dependable.

Bit heavy but thats it

I love the tires. I was weary getting a pair but glad I did. I used to run Maxxis tires but got tired of the side knobs ripping off after 2 runs so I switched to Timberwolfs and have loved them. I needed some tires for a race and borrowed some new Ramped Bites. It raind 4 inches the day of the race and the tires were amazing. I did not expect them to work as well as they did. I actually had trust in my tires in all the slop. I would strongly recommend these tires to anyone wanting a tuff tire that is flat out going to work for you.

Tinmberwolfs, High Rollers, Minions

[Feb 23, 2007]
Matt

OVERALL
Strength:

insane grips, longevity, flat resistance.

weight, rolling resistance (not noticeable on the trail), clog from thick mud ( havent really encountered a tire that doesnt)

I LOVE these tires! I got them initially because my race team was generously sponsored by Arrow and I will happily but these again and again. I put them on fresh before a week long trip to Whistler. 6 full days of riding and no where did they let me down. Super confidence on the nasty greasy stuff on Garbanzo from their insane grip. It felt like there was nothing that could throw me off line with these. Due to their weight and rolling resistance, the pavement pedal to the lift as brutal, but its pavement on a DH bike...what did I expect? I have run the same pair of tires for 2 full seasons and recently decided to retire them simply to run the tubelss version of them. I am using the Slow React compound and typically I am happy with 4 full days of dh'ing on a soft compund tires but these wear like a 60-70 comp. Amazing longevity. They are heavy but because of the super burly sidewalls I could run lightweight XC tubes at low pressure and never once flatted on them. I am a loyal Arrow lover for life!

Maxxis Mobsters, Maxxis High Rollers, WTB Timberwolf, Intense DH

[Aug 27, 2006]
Sam Callanan

OVERALL
Strength:

1 Amazing corner bite
2 Quite a fast roller
3 Wont ever loose grip no matter wet, rocks, loose, roots, this thing GRIPS
4 It wears reativley slow compared to other dh tires. I have the srs and it has been going for about 3 months

Some are conserned about 1600g's but if you are grab the e-casting... its around 1000g's

One of the best tires i have ever ridden... super reliable and grips like nobodys business!!

Michelin dh33...good but slow
tioga white tiger... biggest waist of money
arrow ratchet... absolutely awsome for trail riding
wtb timberwolf... it works but isnt amazing

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.