WTB SpeedDisc Rim

The WTB SpeedDisc All Mountain features WTB’s International Bead Seatdesign and eyelets.This 475-gram rim features a wide, 26.5-millimeterprofileThat can roll withThe punches and come out straight andTrue. Disc only 541 ERD Weight: 475 g 26mm width

[Feb 01, 2020]
David J. Perez

OVERALL
Strength:

My Jamis exile ii came with these wheels. They may not be the best, but I made mine tubeless and work great! Wheels keep true after 10 years of use.

Check your spoke tension every once in a while.

Price Paid:
[Dec 15, 2013]
rufio
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Super solid bead seat and provides a good tire footprint.

None really. These are not tubeless compatible, but then again, they are not designed to be.

This is for the SpeedDisc AllMountains

The stock Roval rear wheel on my Specialized SJ EVO 29er hardtail had been breaking spokes and the hub was making a ton of noise. I purchased this wheel from my LBS, Dimension is what was on the tag. This was laced to a Shimano Deore level hub with stainless DT Swiss spokes. They installed the wheel for me and so far so good. It held up quite well. If the hub required service it could be serviced and the spokes are readily available anywhere. Not a bad choice.

[Aug 28, 2012]
Ant

OVERALL
Strength:

Cheap, Strong, Relatively light for strength

Not the widest rims ever and not really suitable for tyres over 2.3", comes with cheap shimano hubs (when factory pre built) but thats reflected in the price

Can i just point out that there seems to be 2 versions of this rim, an XC version and an All Mountain version, the WTB rim manual has them both in different ASTM categories, the AM version being higher than the XC rating, i have had the AM versions for a short while now and they are still straight and true, granted they have not been punished very hard, but ill update this review when i have some more experience with them, but as with all rims i imagine its a good idea to occasionally check the spoke tension.

[Jun 08, 2012]
Andrew

OVERALL
Strength:

Strong after 5 years of riding.

My butt.

These wheels have been on my Windsor Comp 29er (generic Fuji) for the past 5 years. I ride in AZ where it's all rocky and sandy everywhere. I've ridden it on South Mountain dozens upon dozens of times. I've ridden single track around Flagstaff and on the Mogollon Rim. In 5 years i've never trued them or had any issues. I just like good fun riding. I'm not doing crazy drops and down hilling. Chances are neither of you (except for in your mind).

[May 03, 2012]
Jman0000

OVERALL
Strength:

Inexpensive, entry level rim to get you started.

Not very durable for clydes. I'm 220 and these started going out of true within about 2 months. They weren't real bad, but not a trait of a high quality rim. Taco-ed the front rim pretty easily on a fairly low speed endo. My LBS is replacing with Mavic 719 rims, which should be 10x better...

Came stock on my Kona Hei Hei 29er full suspension. Best fit is probably lighter, beginner riders. I'm 6-ft, 220#, and these were destined for replacement for me. I'm not a balls-to-the-wall crazy rider, but I'm no pansy either. They just couldn't take what I threw at them.

[Mar 26, 2012]
tonypet69

OVERALL
Strength:

Good looks, fairly light, durable, good rolling momentum

These wheels came as stock with the Azure I bought. Intended to replace the wheels as soon as I got the bike. But upon trying them, I told myself nah!! cause they roll with ease and maintain speed pretty well, and are not flexy. They climb very well too. It seems like I was riding a thousand dollar wheels with these babies. I guess it has something to do with it having nice hubs and spokes. Bottom line is lace them with a decent hubset and spokes and they are decent race rims. Plus they are fairly cheap.

mavic 117, mavic 223, crossmax slr, shimano wh-571 etc. etc.

[Dec 20, 2011]
photoBear

OVERALL
Strength:

Still true
look good
I can't break them

none identifiable

After 3 years of constant hard use on roads, rocks, dirt, mud and water with cracked frames, many worn out tires, crases drops and sticks in the spokes these rims show no sign of being anything but perfectly strait and true, not even a single broken spoke along the way to show for it all and the hubs till spin smoothly I really cannot fault these rims.

I don't know if I could be upgrading to lighter rims out there but these ones have not gone wrong in any way and that is what matters to me.

I can't break them.

alexrims, double wall, disk rims.

[Feb 09, 2011]
14Stone

OVERALL
Strength:

1 year of riding starting at 312lbs. They're still true, and I put easy over 3000km on them over the summer. Started easy, finished with some pretty large drops.

None that I found, its possible that I'm a smooth rider but I doubt it. Some people say they Taco'd them. I've landed pretty thuddy on some rocks and nothing.

For the price from what I see, they're good. I don't have anything negative to say about the rims other then you have to pay attention to them and maintain your bike.

4/4 Chilis cause there isn't anything stellar about them. They're just solid good rims.

[Sep 29, 2010]
darko

OVERALL
Strength:

still true!

none for real... maybe some tires are harder to fit, and i had problems with mine 2.35 TIOGA, but they are much wider then the rim sugests, so, 2.25 albert fit perfectly

they are great... i was looking for something lighter than what i had, and i got it, and still couldn't untrue them, so, for me, they own!

i use them on enduro/agressive XC trails and i'm about 80kg (175lbs), do small drops and stuff... build them on my own, and i'm no proffesional in building wheels, so in my opinion: MONEY WELL SPEND :)

i only used freeride rims till now

[May 19, 2010]

OVERALL
Strength:

Strong relatively light weight rim.

No issues.

These rims have a beating over the past three years. Just trued the back last month for the first time. Everyone who complains about them should check their spoke tension every once in a while, and note that these aren't for big air. I use them for XC and all mountain. They have bashed their way through rock gardens, over logs, and 24-30 inch drops. No issues. I weigh 175lbs/ 75 kg. Take care of your bike and it will take care of you. OEM with the bike.

Mavic

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.