WTB Dual Duty FR Rim

Build up a rock-crushing 29er wheel with the bomber WTB Dual Duty FR 29" Rim. The wide profile takes full advantage of high-volume tires, and its burly construction lets you take your 29er places once reserved for its smaller cousins.

[Jul 28, 2009]
Anonymous

OVERALL
Strength:

strong and sturdy

none so far

i do 10 foot drops regularly and this rim has been perfect. i ordered mag 30s thinking i would destroy these but so far ive only needed to trew the back one once after 2 years of heavy drops.

[Jul 25, 2009]
mtb83201

OVERALL

waaaaay out of balance. It doesn't need to be perfect, but come on... the bike shouldn't wobble when the wheel spins. I thought I had problems so I started investigating. I spun the wheel in my hand and could tell the balance was off. Then spun it on my bike and my bike was hopping from the imbalance. The wheel is perfectly trued.

[Jun 22, 2008]
Anonymous

OVERALL
Strength:

very solid rim...ive put these wheels through hell and back.....still true as can be.

this wheel is very strong if built right....ive hit a ten footer to flat and the wheels are still fine

salsa gordo, sun rhyno lite

[Mar 29, 2008]
Daniel

OVERALL
Strength:

Everything. super strong and i do stupid things on my bike. they have held up through a lot of jumps and drops.

I dont care about weight so i dont know if this is a light rim but it is strong. and it can deal with a lot of bashing.

mavic x221

[Jan 24, 2008]
Hui Chuen Chuang

OVERALL
Strength:

It is just strong and rigid. Wide enough to fit huge tires. It's cheap also. I got then for about 80 bucks a pair including fixing.

None so far.

I destroyed my old WTB Speed Disc rims in a bad crash but I'm surprised that it is still very rigid after so badly damaged so I decided to go with WTB again. Such a sweet rim.

WTB Speed Disc

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.