DT Swiss XR 4.1 Rim

DT Swiss is the only manufacturer in the world to produce every part of the wheel in-house, including their new line of rims. The XR 4.1 MTB rim utilizes a special welding process called SBWT (strength boost welding technology), which strengthens the point where the aluminum ends come together. This results in a truer, rounder and ultimately stronger wheel. All DT Swiss rims feature perfectly adjusted stainless steel eyelets, symmetrical and CNC machined sidewalls, wear indicators and are available in 28, 32 and 36 hole configurations in both black and silver.

DT Swiss rims are easily serviceable through the DT Swiss worldwide dealer network, and are 100% produced and hand finished in Switzerland.

[Jul 29, 2003]
Mark S.

OVERALL
Strength:

light

too soft alu

front wheel needed more truing after each xc marathon, then I had to replace the rim. on the rear wheel it is ok yet.

rigida, mavic 217, 517

[Nov 09, 2004]
Michal

OVERALL
Strength:

light
narrow - you can use road 1.0 tires also

soft

Good alternative for mavic xc517 (new: 717) if you don't prefer fast and agressive trails. The major disadvantage is too soft alu - red Ritcheys eat it rapidly... After 4 kkm in mountains (mostly alpine tracks with long 20-50 km downhills) I lost more than 50% of rim thickness. Fortunately rim is punctured with small holes indicating when you should call for a new one. The new one will be Mavic xc 717 - cheaper and better...

cheap rims like Mach Tequilla, Sunrims

[Aug 29, 2004]
Kees Veninga

OVERALL
Strength:

Nice black ano rim.

I've bought the ceramic ones. That's exactly the weakness of the rim; the ceramic coating.

I have used these rims for only a few days now and have gone through one pair of brakeshoes. After this I've tried several other quality brands of specialy designed for ceramic rim brake shoes but these rims really eat up everything. My bike has brakedust all over it just after a few times on the brakes. I don't dare to use these in a race or marathon (for which I bought them). Besides eating up half of you brake the coating also makes my frontwheel sqeal like hell. This occurs with all the brake shoes. I wish I had gotten some mavics instead!

Several Mavic ceramics

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.